Sticky Side Door

Old February 6th 08, 05:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda, alt.autos.honda
livetohike

Default Sticky Side Door

Hello,
My 2000 Odyssey has developed very hard to open side (sliding) doors.
Both sides are affected but the door we use most is much worse. I
have cleaned and lubed all visible moving parts/springs.

The latch seems to work, but it takes a very hard yank to open. We
discovered that if some one inside the van pushes/bangs out on the
rear of the door it will open better. It seems as if whatever makes
the back pop out when you first turn the handle is not working
properly.

The dealer 'adjusted' it a few months ago and it helped a bit, but it
is back worse than ever.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old February 7th 08, 05:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
motsco_[_1_]

-----------------------

You might have to sign in and SEARCH at www.odyclub.com

You aren't putting OIL on those linkages / rollers, are you?

'Curly'
Old February 8th 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda, alt.autos.honda
livetohike

On Feb 7, 12:38 am, motsco_ > wrote:
> livetohikewrote:
> > Hello,
> > My 2000 Odyssey has developed very hard to open side (sliding) doors.
> > Both sides are affected but the door we use most is much worse. I
> > have cleaned and lubed all visible moving parts/springs.

> > The latch seems to work, but it takes a very hard yank to open. We
> > discovered that if some one inside the van pushes/bangs out on the
> > rear of the door it will open better. It seems as if whatever makes
> > the back pop out when you first turn the handle is not working
> > properly.

> > The dealer 'adjusted' it a few months ago and it helped a bit, but it
> > is back worse than ever.

> > Any ideas?

> > Thanks

> -----------------------
>
> You might have to sign in and SEARCH atwww.odyclub.com
>
> You aren't putting OIL on those linkages / rollers, are you?
>
> 'Curly'

No, I am using white lithium grease out of a spray can. OK?
Old February 8th 08, 07:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
motsco_[_1_]

livetohike wrote:

>> You might have to sign in and SEARCH atwww.odyclub.com
>>
>> You aren't putting OIL on those linkages / rollers, are you?
>>
>> 'Curly'

> No, I am using white lithium grease out of a spray can. OK?

I've used liquid silicone on several vans and it worked OK to -40 F.
That white lithium sometimes gets pasty when cold. It might be gumming
up the latch at the back edge of the door.
You could try spray silicone with the long nozzle and put a bit on every
moving part.

Anything helpful at www.odyclub.com ? Please post good links you find. I
haven't been there in years.

'Curly'