Premium test in 2008 Accord

Old February 2nd 08, 11:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

Default Premium test in 2008 Accord

Hello,

A while back a posted a question about "what if" for using premium in the
2008 Accord EX-L 4cyl. Well I tried it. I put in a couple of tank fulls of
Shell V-Power 93 Octane Premium. Aside from costing 0.25 more per gallon
there wasn't any difference in the performance. I did notice a much quieter
acceleration noise output though. For instance at 3500-4000 which is normal
with the auto to shift at while entering the highway, there was almost no
engine throaty sound. I could listen to my "Watercolors Jazz" on xm radio
without any problem. Under higher rpm at 5000-5500 the "Lamborghini like"
exhaust note was muffled considerably. So thats my analyis in case anyone is
interested.

Al

Old February 2nd 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
tww1491

"alfred" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> A while back a posted a question about "what if" for using premium in the
> 2008 Accord EX-L 4cyl. Well I tried it. I put in a couple of tank fulls of
> Shell V-Power 93 Octane Premium. Aside from costing 0.25 more per gallon
> there wasn't any difference in the performance. I did notice a much
> quieter acceleration noise output though. For instance at 3500-4000 which
> is normal with the auto to shift at while entering the highway, there was
> almost no engine throaty sound. I could listen to my "Watercolors Jazz" on
> xm radio without any problem. Under higher rpm at 5000-5500 the
> "Lamborghini like" exhaust note was muffled considerably. So thats my
> analyis in case anyone is > interested.
>
> Al

I have an 06 EX I4 coupe and have found it performs quietly with decent
performance on regular. The tests I have read did not mention engine noise
as a problem with the new Accord, just reduced gas mileage and apparently
degraded handling when compared with the older models. One test called it
Honda's attempt at a Buick -- surprising to me. If you have owned Hondas
before, it would be interesting to have your take on the new Accord.

Old February 2nd 08, 05:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

tww1491 wrote:
> "alfred" > wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> A while back a posted a question about "what if" for using premium in the
>> 2008 Accord EX-L 4cyl. Well I tried it. I put in a couple of tank fulls of
>> Shell V-Power 93 Octane Premium. Aside from costing 0.25 more per gallon
>> there wasn't any difference in the performance. I did notice a much
>> quieter acceleration noise output though. For instance at 3500-4000 which
>> is normal with the auto to shift at while entering the highway, there was
>> almost no engine throaty sound. I could listen to my "Watercolors Jazz" on
>> xm radio without any problem. Under higher rpm at 5000-5500 the
>> "Lamborghini like" exhaust note was muffled considerably. So thats my
>> analyis in case anyone is > interested.
>>
>> Al
>>

> I have an 06 EX I4 coupe and have found it performs quietly with decent
> performance on regular. The tests I have read did not mention engine noise
> as a problem with the new Accord, just reduced gas mileage and apparently
> degraded handling when compared with the older models. One test called it
> Honda's attempt at a Buick -- surprising to me. If you have owned Hondas
> before, it would be interesting to have your take on the new Accord.

is this a stupidity contest?
Old February 2nd 08, 08:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
tww1491

"jim beam" > wrote in message
t...
> tww1491 wrote:
>> "alfred" > wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> A while back a posted a question about "what if" for using premium in
>>> the 2008 Accord EX-L 4cyl. Well I tried it. I put in a couple of tank
>>> fulls of Shell V-Power 93 Octane Premium. Aside from costing 0.25 more
>>> per gallon there wasn't any difference in the performance. I did notice
>>> a much quieter acceleration noise output though. For instance at
>>> 3500-4000 which is normal with the auto to shift at while entering the
>>> highway, there was almost no engine throaty sound. I could listen to my
>>> "Watercolors Jazz" on xm radio without any problem. Under higher rpm at
>>> 5000-5500 the "Lamborghini like" exhaust note was muffled considerably.
>>> So thats my analyis in case anyone is > interested.
>>>
>>> Al
>>>

>> I have an 06 EX I4 coupe and have found it performs quietly with decent
>> performance on regular. The tests I have read did not mention engine
>> noise as a problem with the new Accord, just reduced gas mileage and
>> apparently degraded handling when compared with the older models. One
>> test called it Honda's attempt at a Buick -- surprising to me. If you
>> have owned Hondas before, it would be interesting to have your take on
>> the new Accord.

> is this a stupidity contest?

No -- I am just interested in the views of someone who is driving a new
Accord vis some of the tests I have read. Resent you slamming me.

Old February 2nd 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

tww1491 wrote:
> "jim beam" > wrote in message
> t...
>> tww1491 wrote:

>>> I have an 06 EX I4 coupe and have found it performs quietly with decent
>>> performance on regular. The tests I have read did not mention engine
>>> noise as a problem with the new Accord, just reduced gas mileage and
>>> apparently degraded handling when compared with the older models. One
>>> test called it Honda's attempt at a Buick -- surprising to me. If you
>>> have owned Hondas before, it would be interesting to have your take on
>>> the new Accord.

>> is this a stupidity contest?

> No -- I am just interested in the views of someone who is driving a new
> Accord vis some of the tests I have read. Resent you slamming me.

so why don't you go to the dealer and take a FREE test drive??? then
you won't be vulnerable to being misled by the underinformed or outright
imaginary crap posted here - and you won't get your poor little feelings
hurt.
Old February 3rd 08, 01:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
tww1491

"jim beam" > wrote in message
t...
> tww1491 wrote:
>> "jim beam" > wrote in message
>> t...

>>> is this a stupidity contest?

>> No -- I am just interested in the views of someone who is driving a new
>> Accord vis some of the tests I have read. Resent you slamming me.

> so why don't you go to the dealer and take a FREE test drive??? then you
> won't be vulnerable to being misled by the underinformed or outright
> imaginary crap posted here - and you won't get your poor little feelings
> hurt.

No question about -- you are an absolute ass.

Old February 3rd 08, 02:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

Polfus wrote:

> "jim beam" > wrote
>
>> so why don't you go to the dealer and take a FREE test drive??? then
>> you won't be vulnerable to being misled by the underinformed or
>> outright imaginary crap posted here - and you won't get your poor
>> little feelings hurt.

> Here's another option: why don't you go **** yourself and quit posting
> here?
>
> SO WHAT if people want to talk about maintenance minders...who the ****
> cares?
>
> You are a snooty little bitch, you and your girlfriend Elmo both, and
> you make me sick.
>
> Shut the **** up and be a MAN, you goddamn ****ing moron asshole.
>
> Your opinions are ****ing worthless, and your prose sucks ass.
>
> So shut the **** up and go somewhere else..this is a group to talk
> Hondas, not lay down insult after insult to people you don't even know.
>
> You are not the moderator of ****, and therefore your judgement of posts
> and their worth is coming out of your own ass.
>
> I love reading posts like this one, so go **** yourself many, many times
> over.
>
> Pol****youandyourmomma, punk.

how old are you?
Old February 4th 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

"tww1491" > wrote in message

> "alfred" > wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> A while back a posted a question about "what if" for using premium in the
>> 2008 Accord EX-L 4cyl. Well I tried it. I put in a couple of tank fulls
>> of Shell V-Power 93 Octane Premium. Aside from costing 0.25 more per
>> gallon there wasn't any difference in the performance. I did notice a
>> much quieter acceleration noise output though. For instance at 3500-4000
>> which is normal with the auto to shift at while entering the highway,
>> there was almost no engine throaty sound. I could listen to my
>> "Watercolors Jazz" on xm radio without any problem. Under higher rpm at
>> 5000-5500 the "Lamborghini like" exhaust note was muffled considerably.
>> So thats my analyis in case anyone is > interested.

Hello,

Well the engine noise in my opinion is about the same in this 2008 model
accord as the previous one, but a little different sounding. Actually a
nicer sound. The handling might be slightly more degraded at lower speeds to
the 2005 accord, although I don't see that the mpg is any different. I heard
it as being compared to a Buick, but I think thats a little extreme, maybe
more like a CTS Cadillac.

By the way, since we have an apparent troll in this group, I blocked the Mr
Beam, so I will no longer see any of his posts and I suggest you do the
same. We're coming here to share ideas not get critized.

Thanks,
Al

Old February 4th 08, 03:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

> Interesting...are you saying then that you like lower octane gas because
> it keeps the throaty engine noise?
>
> Peace,
> Polfus

Yes, believe it or not I like cars to have a throaty sound at least some
what throaty, but I like the smooth ride and comfort also. I think I'll see
about using Plus Octane or 89 from Shell next time and see how that works.

Al

2008 Accord alfred[_3_] Honda 53 December 10th 07 03:41 PM
2008 vw diesel jetta test Lynn McGuire VW water cooled 0 February 1st 07 09:59 PM
1992 Accord failing emissions test Jimbo[_2_] Honda 5 September 3rd 06 11:57 PM
can't pass emission test/94 accord, help appreciated [email protected] Honda 10 March 4th 05 06:53 AM