Bummer - removed tire 1 wk after tire store put it on... snapped off the threads on one of the wheel studs

Old September 22nd 04, 02:10 PM
Nick

Default Bummer - removed tire 1 wk after tire store put it on... snapped off the threads on one of the wheel studs

This is a common occurrence at any tire place. A lot of places use an
air gun and do not care if the bolt is on properly or not and also do
not torque the bolts to the proper specs of each manufaturer. I used
to take my cars to this one tire place, and after having them strip 2
for 2 of my cars I haven't gone back to them since for tires. Luckily
I loosen the bolts and re-torque them to specs after I get the car
back, in case I should find that this occurs. This way the shop can't
make up any excuses that you took the car somewhere else.

Nick