Taco Bell says confirmed liberal Uber rider arrested in attack ondriver 'can no longer work for us'

Old November 3rd 15, 11:11 AM posted to alt.politics.liberalism, sac.politics, alt.food.taco-bell,oc.general, rec.autos.driving
Rebel Flag

Default Taco Bell says confirmed liberal Uber rider arrested in attack ondriver 'can no longer work for us'

A white liberal democrat punk from Newport Beach - FIRED by Taco
Bell? What is the world coming to?

The Orange County man arrested this weekend on suspicion of
assaulting his Uber driver is no longer working as a corporate
manager for Taco Bell, the company said Monday.

Benjamin Golden, 32, of Newport Beach was taken into custody
Friday night and booked on misdemeanor charges of public
intoxication and assaulting a taxicab operator, Costa Mesa
police Sgt. Jerry Souza said.

Golden's driver posted dashboard camera images of the alleged
attack on YouTube, where it has been viewed more than 500,000
times.

In a statement provided to The Times, Taco Bell Corp. said that
Golden had worked as a marketing manager for the Irvine-based
company.

"Given the behavior of the individual, it is clear he can no
longer work for us. We have also offered and encouraged him to
seek professional help," the company said in the statement.

Golden was arrested near Costa Mesa shopping center, where his
driver had parked in order to kick him out of the car, Souza
said.

The driver, Edward Caban, told police that Golden repeatedly hit
him and pulled his hair, prompting him to respond by pepper-
spraying the passenger. He shared video of the incident with
police.

Caban posted a clip on YouTube showing what he said were the
final minutes of the ride, and Souza verified that the online
video is the same video that police reviewed.

In the video, the passenger argues with Caban over directions.

The driver eventually pulls into the parking lot of a shopping
center in the 1800 block of Newport Boulevard, where the
altercation occurred. As Caban turns into the parking lot, the
passenger is seen falling over in his seat.

The two men continue to argue and Caban orders the passenger out
of the car. The dispute escalates, and the passenger refuses to
leave.

“Get out of my car or I will call the police,” Caban says.

The passenger opens his door, then begins to repeatedly strike
the driver, shouting expletives at him and pulling his hair.
Caban then pepper-sprays the man.

Police were called shortly after 8 p.m., officials said. Golden
was released from custody with a written promise to appear in
court, Souza said. Police are still reviewing the incident and
plan to submit charges this week to the Orange County district
attorney's office, he added.

Golden could not be reached for comment. He has been permanently
banned from using the transit service, Uber spokeswoman Kayla
Whaling said Sunday night.

She said Uber officials have been in contact with Caban and that
the company is glad he is “doing OK.” She declined to comment on
whether Uber drivers typically utilize dash cameras or whether
the company encourages drivers to carry pepper spray.

Caban told KNBC-TV Channel 4 that the attack has made him want
to stop working as an Uber driver.

"I wanted to make sure he didn't get away," Caban said. "I have
lost so much money on people like him and I'm done dealing with
it. They take the food right out of my mouth."

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...ider-arrested-
20151101-story.html