50 car pile-up in PA as idiot americans insist on right to speed during snowstorm

Old January 26th 07, 06:49 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default 50 car pile-up in PA as idiot americans insist on right to speed during snowstorm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16820445/

50-car pileup in Pa. snowstorm kills one
Interstate 90 shut for hours after accident; several people slightly
injured

ERIE, Pa. - A chain-reaction crash on a snowy interstate highway
involving about 50 vehicles, including an ambulance carrying patients,
killed one person Thursday, officials said.

Authorities were not releasing information on the death. It was unclear
whether anyone in the ambulance was injured.

Erie was expected to get up to 6 inches of snow Thursday.

-----------------

Old January 26th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Steven J. Sobol

In article 01>, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16820445/
>
> 50-car pileup in Pa. snowstorm kills one
> Interstate 90 shut for hours after accident; several people slightly
> injured

Where does it say that excessive speed was involved? There are other
factors that can also contribute to accidents. THINK

(heh, I've wanted to say that for a while

(yeah, I know, don't feed the troll)

--
Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Victorville, California PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.
Old January 26th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc

On Jan 26, 11:52 am, "Steven J. Sobol" > wrote:

>Where does it say that excessive speed was involved? There are other
> factors that can also contribute to accidents. THINK

HAHAHA. Have you ever driven a car in america? Do you even know what a
car is?

In america no one ever slows down for a snowstorm. That would mean the
snowstorm has won.

Old January 26th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Alan Baker

In article 01>,
"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote:

> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16820445/
>
> 50-car pileup in Pa. snowstorm kills one
> Interstate 90 shut for hours after accident; several people slightly
> injured
>

> ERIE, Pa. - A chain-reaction crash on a snowy interstate highway
> involving about 50 vehicles, including an ambulance carrying patients,
> killed one person Thursday, officials said.
>
> Authorities were not releasing information on the death. It was unclear
> whether anyone in the ambulance was injured.
>
> Erie was expected to get up to 6 inches of snow Thursday.
>
> -----------------

How do you know they were speeding?

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone and how he missed
Old January 26th 07, 07:36 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

On Jan 26, 1:01 pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> On Jan 26, 11:52 am, "Steven J. Sobol" > wrote:
>
> >Where does it say that excessive speed was involved? There are other
> > factors that can also contribute to accidents. THINK

>HAHAHA. Have you ever driven a car in america? Do you even know what a
> car is?

Took the bait, didn't you?

> In america no one ever slows down for a snowstorm. That would mean the
> snowstorm has won.

And Darwin has a party. BTW, are you aware of the difference between
maximum legal speed and "too fast for conditions"? I was taught as a
teen not to drive faster than visibility allows.

It could be that the storm appeared to come out of nowhere. Remember,
this is winter, storms can move fairly fast.

Old January 26th 07, 07:50 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Speeders & Drunk
Drivers are MURDERERS screwed a goat and then spewed forth this crap in
rec.autos.driving:

<< ECP removed >>

> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16820445/
>
> 50-car pileup in Pa. snowstorm kills one
> Interstate 90 shut for hours after accident; several people slightly
> injured
>

> ERIE, Pa. - A chain-reaction crash on a snowy interstate highway
> involving about 50 vehicles, including an ambulance carrying patients,
> killed one person Thursday, officials said.
>
> Authorities were not releasing information on the death. It was unclear
> whether anyone in the ambulance was injured.

I'm disappointed. Only one death in this accident. Darwin is slipping in
the quality of his work.

> Erie was expected to get up to 6 inches of snow Thursday.

Damn, I'm glad I live where it doesn't snow.

--
LBMHB/lb-VH/SADDAM supports the troops:
"Like hell. The Morons will just get a couple other jarheads to take

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/y6gbk2
Message ID:
Old January 26th 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Larry Bud

On Jan 26, 1:49 pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16820445/
>
> 50-car pileup in Pa. snowstorm kills one
> Interstate 90 shut for hours after accident; several people slightly
> injured

The problem is with linear thinkers like yourself, believing that
posted speed limits are always right, and anything else is always
wrong.

What IS right is to drive the proper speed for conditions, whether it's
85 MPH on a dry day with light traffic, or 15 MPH in a blizzard.

Old January 26th 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc
Eeyore

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

> In america no one ever slows down for a snowstorm. That would mean the
> snowstorm has won.

LMAO.

You're probably right about that one for a change. I can soooo believe that with
the American psyche.

Graham

Old January 26th 07, 08:07 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,
J.P. and Earl

On 2007-01-26 13:49:48 -0500, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> said:

> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16820445/
>
> 50-car pileup in Pa. snowstorm kills one
> Interstate 90 shut for hours after accident; several people slightly injured
>
> ERIE, Pa. - A chain-reaction crash on a snowy interstate highway
> involving about 50 vehicles, including an ambulance carrying patients,
> killed one person Thursday, officials said.
>
> Authorities were not releasing information on the death. It was unclear
> whether anyone in the ambulance was injured.
>
> Erie was expected to get up to 6 inches of snow Thursday.
>
> -----------------

The variable message sign on the NY Thruway in Syracuse said "I90 WESTBOUND /
CLOSED IN PA" last night, with the traffic info AM stations as far east
as Utica (that I know of), proclaiming the same thing and why.
Apparently all westbound traffic was being detoured from Thruway Exit
61 to US 20 to get to "Pennsylvania and Ohio" per the traffic
announcements.

They were talking about significant snow fall in the area as well.

Was all of I-90 closed or just the portion between exits 32 and 35?

--
J.P. Wing, Road Scholar, Civil Engineering student
upstatenyroads.com

Old January 26th 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc
Steven J. Sobol

In article .com>, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

>>Where does it say that excessive speed was involved? There are other
>> factors that can also contribute to accidents. THINK
>>

> HAHAHA. Have you ever driven a car in america?

I am no longer an American licensed driver. Drove in Ohio for years,
but now I am licensed to drive in California, and we all know living in
California is like living on another planet. <chuckle>

> Do you even know what a
> car is?

*pat on the head*

You poor, poor troll. You're delusional.

> In america no one ever slows down for a snowstorm.

Right. You obviously have never driven in Cleveland. Traffic slows
to a crawl during bad snowstorms there. (I lived there for over 30
years, about half of which I spent driving)