second hand 156 and 100k km on the clock

Old December 16th 04, 01:37 PM
Lucas

Default second hand 156 and 100k km on the clock

Hi!

I would like to buy second hand AR 156 with about 100k km on the
clock.
A dealer sells the car so it was checked in service, it was produced
in 2000 and only one person was driving the car.
So do you think that it could be good purchase?
What component would be first cranky in 2-3 years? (of course main
component). Is 100k km much on the clock?
What should I check in the car?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions and help!

Lucas
Old December 16th 04, 06:07 PM
Martin

Check if the cambelt was replaced. If not you will have to do that.

om...

Old December 16th 04, 09:48 PM
Domestos

Check for car being clocked. Check for full service history. Check for pedal
ware, if there is a lot of pedal ware then there have in my opinion been
lots of small journeys, if the pedal seem pretty new then it is likely the
mileage has been built up on motorways which is obviously less damaging to
the car.

Are you sure you can not get a similar car with 20,000 or 30,000 less miles
on the clock for a similar price? Have a good look round.

Is the car diesel or petrol. 100k on a diesel is a lot less worse than on a
petrol...

Domestos