Rear wiper on a sedan?

Old October 22nd 09, 12:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Tegger[_2_]

Default Rear wiper on a sedan?

Such a thing actually exists. And I took a picture of it.

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/skyline_wiper.jpg

This Nissan Skyline of unknown vintage lives across the street from where I
work, and I discovered it just last week. What a cool car. I always
wondered why Nissan never sold it in Canada or the US.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old October 22nd 09, 01:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Brian Smith

Tegger wrote:
> Such a thing actually exists. And I took a picture of it.
>
> http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/skyline_wiper.jpg
>
> This Nissan Skyline of unknown vintage lives across the street from where I
> work, and I discovered it just last week. What a cool car. I always
> wondered why Nissan never sold it in Canada or the US.

I have never seen the need for a rear wiper on any vehicle. They are a
waste through and through.

Old October 22nd 09, 05:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
M.A. Stewart

Brian Smith ) writes:
> Tegger wrote:
>> Such a thing actually exists. And I took a picture of it.
>>
>> http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/skyline_wiper.jpg
>>
>> This Nissan Skyline of unknown vintage lives across the street from where I
>> work, and I discovered it just last week. What a cool car. I always
>> wondered why Nissan never sold it in Canada or the US.

> I have never seen the need for a rear wiper on any vehicle. They are a
> waste through and through.

You live in the land of vitamin K and Alpine, with it's climate, and you
think a rear wiper/washer system is a waste? I hate cars without rear
wiper/washers. They are not a waste... you have obviously never driven
a car with the system.

Old October 22nd 09, 02:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
E. Meyer[_2_]

On 10/21/09 6:28 PM, in article ,
"Tegger" > wrote:

> Such a thing actually exists. And I took a picture of it.
>
> http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/skyline_wiper.jpg
>
> This Nissan Skyline of unknown vintage lives across the street from where I
> work, and I discovered it just last week. What a cool car. I always
> wondered why Nissan never sold it in Canada or the US.

Don't know about the rear wiper, but Nissan is finally selling the Skyline
in the US. Its called the GT-R, has 480 horsepower out of a twin turbine V6
& costs about $85k US.

Old October 22nd 09, 06:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
thomas[_2_]

"Brian Smith" > wrote in message
> Tegger wrote:
>> Such a thing actually exists. And I took a picture of it.
>>
>> http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/skyline_wiper.jpg
>>
>> This Nissan Skyline of unknown vintage lives across the street from where
>> I work, and I discovered it just last week. What a cool car. I always
>> wondered why Nissan never sold it in Canada or the US.

> I have never seen the need for a rear wiper on any vehicle. They are a
> waste through and through.

Blimey - don't you drive ?

Old October 23rd 09, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Tegger[_2_]

"E. Meyer" > wrote in
:

> On 10/21/09 6:28 PM, in article ,
> "Tegger" > wrote:
>
>> Such a thing actually exists. And I took a picture of it.
>>
>> http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/skyline_wiper.jpg
>>
>> This Nissan Skyline of unknown vintage lives across the street from
>> where I work, and I discovered it just last week. What a cool car. I
>> always wondered why Nissan never sold it in Canada or the US.

> Don't know about the rear wiper, but Nissan is finally selling the
> Skyline in the US. Its called the GT-R, has 480 horsepower out of a
> twin turbine V6 & costs about $85k US.

I think it's pretty safe to say the GT-R will be a "niche" vehicle.

Old October 23rd 09, 12:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Brian Smith

thomas wrote:

> Blimey - don't you drive ?

I've been driving for almost forty years. I have never had a need to
look out the rear window of any vehicle I have driven over the years.
Side mirrors are far more accurate to use to keep track of what is going
on around any vehicle.
Old October 23rd 09, 02:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Joe[_126_]

On 2009-10-22, Brian Smith > wrote:
> thomas wrote:
>>
>> Blimey - don't you drive ?

> I've been driving for almost forty years. I have never had a need to
> look out the rear window of any vehicle I have driven over the years.
> Side mirrors are far more accurate to use to keep track of what is going
> on around any vehicle.

Please, do not drive near me.

--
Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
joe at hits - buffalo dot com
Old October 23rd 09, 09:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Brian Smith

Joe wrote:

> Please, do not drive near me.

Why are you dangerous?

Old October 23rd 09, 11:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Tegger[_2_]

Brian Smith > wrote in news:hbrqe0$oo$1
@news.datemas.de:

> Joe wrote:
>>
>> Please, do not drive near me.

> Why are you dangerous?

HE's not dangerous, he's implying that YOU are.

And if you're using your side-view mirrors as rear-view mirrors, then
you've got them aimed wrongly.

rear wiper sofi Honda 0 July 29th 06 03:33 PM
Rear wiper Carl Jeep 1 January 1st 06 06:08 PM
Rear Wiper Motor CaravanGuy Chrysler 5 May 14th 05 01:15 AM
rear wiper Tj99jeep Jeep 0 January 20th 05 04:24 AM
99 Explorer Rear Wiper Arm dblanton Ford Explorer 1 December 28th 04 02:29 PM