2000ACCORD-Which shop manual to BUY?

Old March 15th 05, 04:14 PM
SadaYama

Default 2000ACCORD-Which shop manual to BUY?

www.helminc.com is selling FACTORY authorized honda repair manual for
$70 + $7 SH, and I like them for clarity and clear pictures. But the
Chilton's and Hayes manual's seem to be cheaper. Can some one recommend
which is better. Thanks in advance.

Old March 15th 05, 10:41 PM
Randolph

SadaYama wrote:

> www.helminc.com is selling FACTORY authorized honda repair manual for
> $70 + $7 SH, and I like them for clarity and clear pictures. But the
> Chilton's and Hayes manual's seem to be cheaper. Can some one recommend
> which is better. Thanks in advance.

The Chiltons and the Haynes not only *seem* cheaper. They *are* cheaper.
I have owned two Hondas, and I bought the Helm manual for both. Never
regretted it, Helm is so much better than the other ones. My thought is
that if you are planning on enough mechanical involvement to actually
need a service manual, you need the one from Helm.
A very modest collection of Honda tech info can be found at:
http://www.geocities.com/ng_randolph
Old March 16th 05, 12:04 AM
TeGGer®

"SadaYama" > wrote in
oups.com:

> www.helminc.com is selling FACTORY authorized honda repair manual for
> $70 + $7 SH, and I like them for clarity and clear pictures. But the
> Chilton's and Hayes manual's seem to be cheaper. Can some one recommend
> which is better. Thanks in advance.

Helm. Hands down.

Haynes and Chilton are good for kindling when you're trying to get a fire
started.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old March 16th 05, 12:21 AM
SoCalMike

SadaYama wrote:
> www.helminc.com is selling FACTORY authorized honda repair manual for
> $70 + $7 SH, and I like them for clarity and clear pictures. But the
> Chilton's and Hayes manual's seem to be cheaper. Can some one recommend
> which is better. Thanks in advance.

helm is *the *****

everything else? merely ****. LOL.

seriously- you can do a complete teardown based on the helm. it includes
troubleshooting, wiring diagrams, etc. its what the factory techs use.

came in invaluable to me when my CEL came on. with a $99 scanner, a $3
ohmmeter, and the helm, i was able to pinpoint precisely what the
problem was. heater circuit on the primary O2 sensor was burned out, and
the helm told me exactly how to test for it, and what color wires to
hook the ohmmeter to. i doubt the chilton would have gone that far.

FS:1962 Fairlane& meteor shop manual Ted Mittelstaedt General 0 January 4th 05 08:09 AM
FS:1962 Fairlane& meteor shop manual Ted Mittelstaedt Technology 0 January 4th 05 08:09 AM
where can I get an 04 shop manual x Corvette 6 August 24th 04 10:04 PM
Shop manual price Black Bomb Corvette 1 August 11th 04 03:27 PM
FA: 1978 Ford Service Shop Manual JohnC Antique cars 0 November 15th 03 01:58 PM