V6 engine problem

Old November 25th 07, 08:09 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Default V6 engine problem

Dr Entropy wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 16:39:19 +0000, Catman blather'd thus:
>
>> Dr Entropy wrote:
>>> On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 18:49:35 +0000, Catman blather'd thus:

>>> You might check the TPS with an ohm meter (a REAL one: analog) before
>>> you have it connected to The MotherShip. The TPS could be passing
>>> voltage in the "0" (or "start") position thus on restart the ECU gets
>>> proper signal... at SOME point in the travel it may have a
>>> discontinuity.

>> Interesting thought. I would have thought that it would die every time
>> it passed that point though?
>>> My knowing BIG words should impress ya, huh?

>> Shocks would be closer

> ...i wuz tryin' t' be understating... Practicin' me "English". :smirk:
>> It did it again today, but this time I was tooling along at constant
>> throttle. Hit some kind of bump and it went. Beginning to smell like a
>> dodgy connection forcing it into some kind of limp hope mode to me.

> hmm. Have you checked all those fancy/funny 'lectronic connectors in
> there yet?

Not yet. Too intermittent.

> A good "wiggle test" could turn up something. It'll likely be
> somfin' stoopid, y'know. Are they the Bosch ones? I've seen 'em with ropy
> connection sometimes, even shiny-new.

Indeed.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 156 TS 145 2.0 Cloverleaf 156 V6 2.5 S2
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old November 29th 07, 10:33 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_3_]

"Catman" > wrote in message
. ..
> The V6 has developed something of a problem. It; a bit odd really:
>
> If I do something like fluff a gear change, and let the engine revs drop
> too low, the engine management light comes on and the throttle respsonse
> goes rather odd.
> If you take your foot off the throttle and then put it back on (as in a
> gear change) there is a very distinct lag (maybe a second plus) before
> anything happens. It makes no difference where in the rev range you are,
> or how fast you re-apply throttle. The power comes on without apparent
> loss, it;s just 'late'. If you keep constant throttle you can hear the
> engine pick up after the delay.
>
> Shutting off and starting again always clears it (takes maybe a minute for
> the light to go off) but the lag vanishes immediately.
>
> Suggestions from the house?

MI5

Old November 30th 07, 05:11 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Ben Magista

"GT" > wrote in message
> "Catman" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> The V6 has developed something of a problem. It; a bit odd really:
>>
>> If I do something like fluff a gear change, and let the engine revs drop
>> too low, the engine management light comes on and the throttle respsonse
>> goes rather odd.
>> If you take your foot off the throttle and then put it back on (as in a
>> gear change) there is a very distinct lag (maybe a second plus) before
>> anything happens. It makes no difference where in the rev range you are,
>> or how fast you re-apply throttle. The power comes on without apparent
>> loss, it;s just 'late'. If you keep constant throttle you can hear the
>> engine pick up after the delay.
>>
>> Shutting off and starting again always clears it (takes maybe a minute
>> for the light to go off) but the lag vanishes immediately.
>>
>> Suggestions from the house?

> MI5

Is that the same as an Italian tune up?

MX5 engine problem grm Mazda 3 September 8th 06 04:13 AM
Engine? Problem-92 3.3 V6 CaravanGuy Chrysler 3 April 23rd 06 10:38 PM
6 cy engine problem MikeG Jeep 10 May 21st 05 02:46 AM
146 engine problem News Groups Alfa Romeo 5 October 19th 04 03:15 PM