Oil sludge built up

Old January 4th 17, 04:16 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Johnnywalker54

Default Oil sludge built up

long story short. I recently go into an automobile accident (other parties
fault). No engine damage, all cosmetics, front end colliision, final bill was
a little more then 6k of repairs. Took the car to a trusted insurance repair
shop that he insurance recommended me , 2 weeks for the repairs, I picked up
the car and drove off the lot and immediately engine died, oil light went on.
Insurance company tows my vehicle back in. I am now making disputes with the
insurance company, and repair company, about if the engine failure is my fault
or car accidents fault. We take it in for a dodge dealership for diagnostic.
Diagnostic shows that my vehicle has been portly maintained, and I have oil
gunk build up which block some kind of screen which prevented the oil passage
and my engine seized along with my rod 1 and now I need a new engine. My
question now is I have been maintaining my vehicle, I had the vehicle little
more then 2 years, and i been doing my maintenance at jiffylube, about every
5-8k miles synthetic. Since I got my vehicle.. it is a 2007 charger. Can
oil sludge residue build up if oil maintenances has been done routinely?
Because at this moment I feel like I am being burned

--
for full context, visit http://www.motorsforum.com/dodge/oil...-up-12419-.htm

Old January 4th 17, 04:59 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

On Wed, 04 Jan 2017 03:16:01 GMT, Johnnywalker54
> wrote:

>long story short. I recently go into an automobile accident (other parties
>fault). No engine damage, all cosmetics, front end colliision, final bill was
>a little more then 6k of repairs. Took the car to a trusted insurance repair
>shop that he insurance recommended me , 2 weeks for the repairs, I picked up
>the car and drove off the lot and immediately engine died, oil light went on.
> Insurance company tows my vehicle back in. I am now making disputes with the
>insurance company, and repair company, about if the engine failure is my fault
>or car accidents fault. We take it in for a dodge dealership for diagnostic.
>Diagnostic shows that my vehicle has been portly maintained, and I have oil
>gunk build up which block some kind of screen which prevented the oil passage
>and my engine seized along with my rod 1 and now I need a new engine. My
>question now is I have been maintaining my vehicle, I had the vehicle little
>more then 2 years, and i been doing my maintenance at jiffylube, about every
>5-8k miles synthetic. Since I got my vehicle.. it is a 2007 charger. Can
>oil sludge residue build up if oil maintenances has been done routinely?
>Because at this moment I feel like I am being burned

How many miles on the car before you got it? Service records?
Synthetic? Which engine?

If it was neglected brfore you got it, (8 years of neglect cannot be
undone easily) anything is possible, and what oil was Jiffy putting
in?? Usually the cheapest they can get. Also what filter?? Which
engine?
Old January 4th 17, 07:33 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
BDK[_5_]

In article >,
says...

> long story short. I recently go into an automobile accident (other parties
> fault). No engine damage, all cosmetics, front end colliision, final bill was
> a little more then 6k of repairs. Took the car to a trusted insurance repair
> shop that he insurance recommended me , 2 weeks for the repairs, I picked up
> the car and drove off the lot and immediately engine died, oil light went on.
> Insurance company tows my vehicle back in. I am now making disputes with the
> insurance company, and repair company, about if the engine failure is my fault
> or car accidents fault. We take it in for a dodge dealership for diagnostic.
> Diagnostic shows that my vehicle has been portly maintained, and I have oil
> gunk build up which block some kind of screen which prevented the oil passage
> and my engine seized along with my rod 1 and now I need a new engine. My
> question now is I have been maintaining my vehicle, I had the vehicle little
> more then 2 years, and i been doing my maintenance at jiffylube, about every
> 5-8k miles synthetic. Since I got my vehicle.. it is a 2007 charger. Can
> oil sludge residue build up if oil maintenances has been done routinely?
> Because at this moment I feel like I am being burned
>
> --
> for full context, visit
http://www.motorsforum.com/dodge/oil...-up-12419-.htm

Seems likely that Jiffy was charging you for synthetic, but putting in
the crappiest stuff they could. I saw a 2006's Ram's hemi torn down
recently at 240K on Mobil 1 and it was pretty much spotless inside. It
was having it's second timing chain replacement and it needed new
exhaust valves, so it was torn down and bearings, etc, done too while
the heads were out. Any engine I've ever seen on full synthetic was very
clean inside regardless of time or mileage.

--
BDK: Head Government Shill, Psychotronic World Dominator. Master of
Remote Viewing. Level 7 expert in kOOkStudies.
Old January 4th 17, 06:18 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Johnnywalker54

replying to clare, johnnywalker54 wrote:
I got the vehicle at 85k miles, currently has about119k. Prior before I baught
the vehicle it has been through a 125 point inspection. I put synthetic oil,
as far as oil filter whatever jiffylube recommends, my car is the base 3.5L
v6. Also, is it possible if my oil filter is full of sludge when I did my oil
and oil filter about 3k miles ago? Because the dodge diagnostics there is
sludge all in my oil filter

--
for full context, visit http://www.motorsforum.com/dodge/oil...-up-12419-.htm

Old January 4th 17, 06:18 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Johnnywalker54

replying to clare, johnnywalker54 wrote:
Here are some pictures.. I got the vehicle around 85k.. prior for my purchase
it went through a 125 point inspection. Currently has 119k miles. I use
synthetic oil, with whatever jiffylube oil filter they recommends. Also, i
did an oil change along with the oil filter 3k miles ago, can oil sludge build
that fast because the oil filter is full of sludge
http://www.motorsforum.com/img/2z
http://www.motorsforum.com/img/30
http://www.motorsforum.com/img/31

Old January 5th 17, 05:29 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

On Wed, 04 Jan 2017 17:18:00 GMT, johnnywalker54
> wrote:

>replying to clare, johnnywalker54 wrote:
>I got the vehicle at 85k miles, currently has about119k. Prior before I baught
>the vehicle it has been through a 125 point inspection. I put synthetic oil,
>as far as oil filter whatever jiffylube recommends, my car is the base 3.5L
>v6. Also, is it possible if my oil filter is full of sludge when I did my oil
>and oil filter about 3k miles ago? Because the dodge diagnostics there is
>sludge all in my oil filter

Whoever did your 125 point inspection was blind. You bought a sludged
up engine - likely didn't get regular oil changes, and used the
cheapest oil he could get. 85000 miles of that left a lot of sludge -
and the synthetic disolved some over 24000 miles, and loosened some of
the rest, which blocked your oil pickup and stuffed your filter. You
were "had" on the inspection and no matter how good a deal you got on
the car you over-paid.
Old January 5th 17, 09:18 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Johnnywalker54

replying to BDK, johnnywalker54 wrote:
The repair shop replaced my condenser, radiator, trans cooler, can this link
to my engine?
Because the oil filter does not look like sludge but it looks like burnt
composite?

--
for full context, visit http://www.motorsforum.com/dodge/oil...-up-12419-.htm

Old January 5th 17, 04:03 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
BDK[_5_]

In article >,
says...

> replying to clare, johnnywalker54 wrote:
> I got the vehicle at 85k miles, currently has about119k. Prior before I baught
> the vehicle it has been through a 125 point inspection. I put synthetic oil,
> as far as oil filter whatever jiffylube recommends, my car is the base 3.5L
> v6. Also, is it possible if my oil filter is full of sludge when I did my oil
> and oil filter about 3k miles ago? Because the dodge diagnostics there is
> sludge all in my oil filter
>
> --
> for full context, visit
http://www.motorsforum.com/dodge/oil...-up-12419-.htm

The inspections done by dealers are suspicious at best, and often
totally untrue. Never buy anything without giving it a look over
yourself, or, if you don't know what to look for, take it to a garage
and pay the $100 bucks that almost surely would have told you that the
engine was full of sludge.

Sludge removal Yahya Dodge 0 November 14th 06 01:53 AM
2.7 Oil Sludge Problem Bill Chrysler 6 June 17th 06 08:43 PM
Sludge and CO Gordon Driving 0 March 4th 06 06:01 AM
Sludge [email protected] Chrysler 51 June 7th 05 04:16 AM
2.7 Sludge Daniel J. Stern Technology 1 June 1st 05 11:37 PM