I have moved. Again :)

Old November 3rd 10, 11:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_5_]

Default I have moved. Again :)

Only 15 minutes from the old place in Virginia (Front Royal).

But I now have a nice little house with a shed in the back, which will
work very nicely for me as a workshop. It has power too. Sadly, no 220V.
Yet
No room to get a car in, but the shed has a car port extension on two
sides so it's not all bad. Just getting a car up there is a bit
tricky... steep angle climb sideways across my back lawn.

I bought a Jeep Cherokee too. It climbed just fine in 4WD

Now I just need to get the Nova up there for the winter. Lots of metal
work needed.

Sorry for no VW content this time.

Jan
Old November 3rd 10, 06:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Olli Lammi[_2_]

On 11/03/2010 01:39 PM, Jan Andersson wrote:
> a car port extension

Can you elaborate what is a car port extension?

Good luck for the new house!

---
Olli
Old November 4th 10, 02:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_5_]

Olli Lammi wrote:
> On 11/03/2010 01:39 PM, Jan Andersson wrote:
>> a car port extension

> Can you elaborate what is a car port extension?
>
> Good luck for the new house!
>
> ---
> Olli

Well first there was a normal little shed. Then someone added an
extension to the roof on one side, and put up two extra walls to support
it. Room to park one car under it, with the front being open. THEN,
someone figured they needed ANOTHER one, so they built a roof extension
on the other side of the shed too. And put up two more walls. Again the
entrance was left open.

The shed would have been big enough (just) to make it into a garage, and
it has a garage door. But the damn door is on the long side of the shed,
not at the end. So that you can't GET a car inside

Anyways, good enough for me. I'll post pictures later if you are
interested.

Oh yea and the next door neighbor is a hottie
Don't know if she's single, yet. LOL

Old November 4th 10, 06:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Olli Lammi[_2_]

On 11/04/2010 04:45 AM, Jan Andersson wrote:

> Well first there was a normal little shed. Then someone added an
> extension to the roof on one side, and put up two extra walls to support
> it. Room to park one car under it, with the front being open. THEN,
> someone figured they needed ANOTHER one, so they built a roof extension
> on the other side of the shed too. And put up two more walls. Again the
> entrance was left open.

Ok. I see now.

> Anyways, good enough for me. I'll post pictures later if you are
> interested.
>
> Oh yea and the next door neighbor is a hottie
> Don't know if she's single, yet. LOL

Be sure to include the neighbor in the pictures.

---
Olli
Old November 4th 10, 07:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_28_]

In my neck of the woods a "carport extension" is when I have offended "she
who must be obeyed" and I spend a little bit longer in the shed or carport.
John

Old November 5th 10, 10:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Erik Dillenkofer[_2_]

Sure you can get a car in there. One option is disassemble it and put it in
one piece at a time, the other option is to put it on rollers and push it in
sideways. They're just not the easiest way to do it ...

Old November 6th 10, 02:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Randall

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece...ies-67511.html
Just like the product description says, "Move your project cars
backwards, forwards, even sideways!" Don't know if they work well on
dirt floors.

Old November 9th 10, 11:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Great to hear from you, Jan. I've been thinking about you, and
wondering how you were doing. Sounds like things are moving along as
nice as can be, considering...
Hey, you know the RIGHT e-mail address for me, right? I can't seem to
make Google groups understand that hasn't been valid
in over 5 years...
Give me an e-mail sometime, we need to catch up, my friend...

The VW Magazine Editor Formerly Known As kaferdave

moved to VA Jan[_5_] VW air cooled 14 August 1st 10 12:34 PM
Need car moved from California to Michigan Dan S Ford Mustang 4 September 12th 07 11:42 AM
top light switch only works moved over to the right JAZZISJAZZ Dodge 0 June 18th 07 05:58 PM
All moved in. Z’RiX Corvette 0 December 22nd 05 01:05 PM