Engine shutdown

Old August 3rd 07, 04:16 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
rigger

Default Engine shutdown

I have a 95 Vette with 77k on it. I bought it 2 1/2 yrs ago. It had 75k. A
couple of months after
getting it I was at a stoplight and it stalled. When I restarted it would
only turn over and over. I waited 10 minute's or so and it fired up with
no problem. This happened a couple of times. Last week I was on the
interstate at 70 miles per hour and I notice the aftermarket CD/Radio was
cutting out or skipping. Very soon after hearing that the engine stalled
and completely shutdown. Same thing, it would not immediately restart.
Waited 10 minutes and again it fired up and I headed home. It did this one
more time before I got it home. It has a MSD ignition and it has a 3000
Stall Torque Converter. It also has a after market CD/Radio.
Any ideas on what the problem may be.
Thanks
Ron O'Quinn

Old August 3rd 07, 06:22 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
±© Flipper Mike ®³

rigger wrote:
> I have a 95 Vette with 77k on it. I bought it 2 1/2 yrs ago. It had 75k. A
> couple of months after
> getting it I was at a stoplight and it stalled. When I restarted it would
> only turn over and over. I waited 10 minute's or so and it fired up with
> no problem. This happened a couple of times. Last week I was on the
> interstate at 70 miles per hour and I notice the aftermarket CD/Radio was
> cutting out or skipping. Very soon after hearing that the engine stalled
> and completely shutdown. Same thing, it would not immediately restart.
> Waited 10 minutes and again it fired up and I headed home. It did this one
> more time before I got it home. It has a MSD ignition and it has a 3000
> Stall Torque Converter. It also has a after market CD/Radio.
> Any ideas on what the problem may be.
> Thanks
> Ron O'Quinn

The MSD ignition...
Old August 3rd 07, 06:37 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ[_4_]

rigger wrote:
> I have a 95 Vette with 77k on it. I bought it 2 1/2 yrs ago. It had 75k. A
> couple of months after
> getting it I was at a stoplight and it stalled. When I restarted it would
> only turn over and over. I waited 10 minute's or so and it fired up with
> no problem. This happened a couple of times. Last week I was on the
> interstate at 70 miles per hour and I notice the aftermarket CD/Radio was
> cutting out or skipping. Very soon after hearing that the engine stalled
> and completely shutdown. Same thing, it would not immediately restart.
> Waited 10 minutes and again it fired up and I headed home. It did this one
> more time before I got it home. It has a MSD ignition and it has a 3000
> Stall Torque Converter. It also has a after market CD/Radio.
> Any ideas on what the problem may be.
> Thanks
> Ron O'Quinn

Intermittent *Fusable Link* common to the
ignition & wherever the installer chose to
connect the new radio.

Intermittents are never fun, particularly
when they finally fail and leave you in the
boondocks.

Regards and best wishes.

--
pj