Which car gives the most bang for the buck?

Old January 27th 06, 05:15 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Which car gives the most bang for the buck?

It has to be the Subaru STI. It has everything: power,
handling, all-weather/bad terrain capability, backseat, trunk.
And all that for a reasonable price.
Old January 27th 06, 05:44 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

First and foremost it has to be able to get excellent gas mileage. The
WRX is a gas guzzler for it's size and weight. It's more for
performance rather than what's frugal. Most American buyers will want
their small cars to be good on gas.

I would have to vote for the Hyundai Accent. Because it has 10
year/100,000 mile warranty. The Toy Corolla is a very close second.
Only because it's warranty isn't nearly as good which should be
considered in the cost of ownership.

East-

Old January 27th 06, 06:07 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

wrote:

> I would have to vote for the Hyundai Accent.

I'd rather take the bus.
Old January 27th 06, 06:15 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Only if you're black...

<<<<I'd rather take the bus. >>>>

Old January 27th 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article <E%hCf.727703$x96.135@attbi_s72>, says...

>It has to be the Subaru STI. It has everything: power,
>handling, all-weather/bad terrain capability, backseat, trunk.
>And all that for a reasonable price.

A used STI is probably the best bang for the buck.
--------------
Alex

Old January 28th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

223rem wrote:
> It has to be the Subaru STI. It has everything: power,
> handling, all-weather/bad terrain capability, backseat, trunk.
> And all that for a reasonable price.

What is "bang"?

Most cars have power, can drive in most kinds of weather and on many
kinds of roads, have a backseat and a trunk. You present a very low
threshold.

Old January 28th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

"223rem" > wrote in message
> It has to be the Subaru STI. It has everything: power,
> handling, all-weather/bad terrain capability, backseat, trunk.
> And all that for a reasonable price.

i love the STI except its small - but other than that, it probably is the
perfect car