How to raise rpm when A/C is on?

Old July 24th 06, 08:21 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Yvan@office

Default How to raise rpm when A/C is on?

Nedavno larry moe 'n curly pise:

>> So idle speed is increased by 150 rpm with accessories turned on? So
>> if i raise idle speed with A/C off that may not be enough to
>> compensate additional load when it is turned on?

> The idle speed was raised 150 RPM with the accessories turned off.

OK, I can live with slightly higher idle rpm. 150 rpm higher than normal
is not too much for my ears.

> Is it possible that the device that regulates your BMW's idle speed
> has a vacuum leak or is clogged with deposits left by oil or gasoline
> vapors?

I have Pierburg 1B2 carburetor, and there is no idle speed regulator.
You just set idle mixture and adjust idle bleed screw to get ~800 +- 50
rpm, and that's it. If I had factory installed A/C there would probably
be some idle speed regulator.

> I'm not at all familiar with BMWs, but is there some kind of
> electrically-operated vacuum valve that's supposed to be opened or
> closed when the A/C is turned on? Because I found that some cars
> have such a device even when they have an idle speed regulator or idle
> kick-up device.

That is what I am looking for. Some photos, description, possible part
numbers of such device. Where I am it is not easy to get such
information.

> Have you tried any of the websites that specialize in BMWs, such as
> www.bimmerforums.com or www.bmwforums.com ?

I tried alt.autos.bmw, and response was same as it was here. Few
suggestions and no links to photos or part numbers. As I wrote I plan
to start installing A/C in September, so I still have time. I will
check some BMW forums as you suggested.

--
___ ____
/__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **