Soft top Question

Old March 15th 08, 03:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

Default Soft top Question

Leon, do you mean that the top would be slower than the car if was not
white ?

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Old March 15th 08, 04:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pltrgyst[_1_]

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 00:23:26 -0000, Leon van Dommelen >
wrote:

>.... I am pretty sure the most dramatic
>advantage of white would not apply for tops.

And that would be, let's see, .... unattractiveness to thieves?

Or immediate availability off the dealer lot, since no one else wants one? 8

-- Larry (Henry Ford had it right...)
Old March 15th 08, 11:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen[_2_]

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 19:04:31 -0700, BRUCE HASKIN wrote:

> Leon, do you mean that the top would be slower than the car if was not
> white ?

No. Speed is irrelevant since the top should be down anyway. The problem
with a white top is that it does not cut down on cleaning necessity
like a white car does.

Leon
--
Leon Bess Bozo .)
Old March 16th 08, 12:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

OH, that's right. FL. I forgot, you don't drive with the top up. :-)

Bruce Bing '03 LS (Washington)

Old March 16th 08, 11:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen[_2_]

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 16:48:09 -0700, BRUCE HASKIN wrote:

> OH, that's right. FL. I forgot, you don't drive with the top up. :-)

Actually, we do. But there are no photons around during those,
fortunately relatively short, periods.

Leon
--
Leon Bess Bozo .)
Old March 19th 08, 04:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

On Mar 13, 7:00 pm, Lanny Chambers > wrote:
> In article <a0iCj.21670$Qy3.3400@trnddc03>,
> "Ken Lyons" > wrote:
>
> > Cripes! I just realized it's been 5 years since we put the "new" top on our
> > '90.

> My original 1994 top was fine when I last saw it in May. Been under the
> boot since then. I'm sure it helps that it lives in a garage.
>
> The window no longer unzips, the Velcro is history, and I've reglued the
> bow sleeves twice, but no rot or cracking. As little as I use it,
> there's no reason to replace it just 'cause it's old. Maybe tan tops
> last longer...
>
> --
> Lanny Chambers
> St. Louis, MO
> '94C

Mine is a 2000 and always garaged at home, ALWAYS. But generally,
about how much can one expect to pay when having a new one installed??
Old March 20th 08, 12:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

On Mar 19, 9:50 am, pws > wrote:
> wrote:
> > Mine is a 2000 and always garaged at home, ALWAYS. But generally,
> > about how much can one expect to pay when having a new one installed??

> The costs on Miata top installations vary greatly. I have seen as low as
> $150.00 and as high as $500.00 for labor.
> $250.00 to $300.00 is a reasonable rate, it has been a a few years since
> I have seen that low $150.00 figure, and $500.00 is pure robbery.
>
> Add the cost of the top you choose plus shipping to the expected $200.00
> to $300.00 in labor.
> Whether there are taxes and/or duties to add as well depend on your
> location, of course.
>
> You could call Trussville Mazda for the price on a new OEM top if you
> are in the U.S., but it will probably go up in price by the time you
> need to replace your top.
>
> The factory top will be more expensive than some after market offerings,
> so that is another decision to be made that will affect the final price.
>
> Shop around for a shop when the time comes. It is also worth finding the
> nearest Miata club to your area and asking for recommendations.
>
> Pat

I assume using the dealer, at the time, would be NUTs??? :-).
Old March 20th 08, 11:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Ken Lyons

> wrote
> I assume using the dealer, at the time, would be NUTs??? :-).

When isn't it? Pat, as always, has good advice.
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Inside the Beltway

98 TJ Soft-Top Fit Question Dave Jeep 7 July 7th 05 01:08 PM
Soft Top + Exhaust question. Joe Carroll Jeep 9 May 21st 05 09:30 PM
Stupid Soft Top Question - Wrangler ldg Jeep 5 May 14th 05 10:10 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good [email protected] BMW 0 April 21st 05 10:01 PM
MGB soft top [email protected] Antique cars 1 March 28th 05 08:57 PM