window gaskets

Old March 7th 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

Default window gaskets

Hi,

the window gaskets on my 95M get pushed up and bunch up at the top by
the windows. i thought about gluing in place them but figured that they
would end up tearing if I did that, so anyone have a good solution for
this problem>
tia,
peter
Old March 8th 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
peter > wrote:

> the window gaskets on my 95M get pushed up and bunch up at the top by
> the windows. i thought about gluing in place them but figured that they
> would end up tearing if I did that, so anyone have a good solution for
> this problem>

Open and close the door after rolling up the window (or just push the
top of the glass outward with your finger). Even better, roll it up with
the door open.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old March 8th 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

sounds like something is out of alignment.
the three rubber window gaskets that are attached to the top can be easily
removed from their stainless steel track and the tracks can be repositioned.
Only the front rubber piece is held in with a screw and an alignment pin,
the other just pop out of their tracks. the tracks have a few screws in
them that can be loosened to correct the alignment. Look for instruction on
replacing the top (in the miata.net garage section or just in goggle) and
you will find tips on how to remove the rubber.

Old March 8th 08, 03:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

peter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the window gaskets on my 95M get pushed up and bunch up at the top by
> the windows. i thought about gluing in place them but figured that they
> would end up tearing if I did that, so anyone have a good solution for
> this problem>
> tia,
> peter

sorry,
i mean the gasket that is on the door gets pushed up into a wad at the
top of the door track. i think ou are right about the windows being out
of alignment...is that a pain to correct? the door panels are easy to
remove but how about the alignment of the windows themselves?
thanks,
peter
Old March 9th 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen[_2_]

On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 02:29:17 +0000, peter wrote:

> peter wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> the window gaskets on my 95M get pushed up and bunch up at the top by
>> the windows. i thought about gluing in place them but figured that
>> they would end up tearing if I did that, so anyone have a good solution
>> for this problem>
>> tia,
>> peter

> sorry,
> i mean the gasket that is on the door gets pushed up into a wad at the
> top of the door track. i think ou are right about the windows being out
> of alignment...is that a pain to correct? the door panels are easy to
> remove but how about the alignment of the windows themselves? thanks,
> peter

Strangely enough, I do not see window glass adjustment in the miata.net
garage section. In any case, the enthusiast manual has a description.
You may also want to look at the miata.net garage sections on slow
power windows.

Leon
--
Leon Bess Bozo .)
Old March 10th 08, 03:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

"peter" > wrote in message
et...
> peter wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> the window gaskets on my 95M get pushed up and bunch up at the top by the
>> windows. i thought about gluing in place them but figured that they
>> would end up tearing if I did that, so anyone have a good solution for
>> this problem>
>> tia,
>> peter

> sorry,
> i mean the gasket that is on the door gets pushed up into a wad at the top
> of the door track. i think ou are right about the windows being out of
> alignment...is that a pain to correct? the door panels are easy to remove
> but how about the alignment of the windows themselves?
> thanks,
> peter

do you mean the vertical rubber guide at the front edge of the window? the
thing that is adjacent to the back of the non moving vent window? if so
then i suggest you simply roll down the window and sparingly apply some
spray silicon to the channel of this guide with the straw nozzle that
aerosol silicon cans come with. i say sparingly because if it gets on the
window it is messy and hard to remove (lots of wasted cloth or paper
towels). i spray mine periodically and find it more effective in reducing
resistance for rolling the windows up/down than the more complicated method
of applying lithium greases to the window tracks that are behind the door
panel.

Old March 15th 08, 11:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

Christopher Muto wrote:
> "peter" > wrote in message

> do you mean the vertical rubber guide at the front edge of the

window? the
> thing that is adjacent to the back of the non moving vent window?

that is exactly the one...i'll try it out
thanks,peter

Cork Gaskets mbjj Technology 9 October 30th 06 12:56 PM
HELP! Doors won't close with new gaskets!! Ervin Charles VW air cooled 3 August 9th 06 12:53 AM
AWA [DEMAND] Gaskets [email protected] General 0 December 9th 05 05:51 AM
Rocker Gaskets Ant VW air cooled 14 December 2nd 04 05:32 PM
Engine gaskets 1_Patriotic_Gal Saturn 3 July 13th 04 12:43 PM