A4 Lighting Pack

Old May 16th 04, 12:33 PM
Darwin McCUllough

Default A4 Lighting Pack

Hey,

I have just bought a 2004 A4 (UK Spec) and was thinking about adding the
lighting pack. I understand the door lights and the sunvisor lights but how
is the centre console illuminated? Would you guys recommend it?

-DMcC

Old May 16th 04, 01:13 PM
Peter Bell

In message >
"Darwin McCUllough" > wrote:

> I have just bought a 2004 A4 (UK Spec) and was thinking about adding
> the lighting pack. I understand the door lights and the sunvisor
> lights but how is the centre console illuminated? Would you guys
> recommend it?

It sounds like a lot of work. Wouldn't it be easier to buy, or order, a
car with the lighting pack already installed at the factory?

I'm not familiar with the B6 model A4, but on the C5 model A6, the
console illumination is by red leds shining down from the roof panel -
quite subtle and pleasing.

Old May 16th 04, 03:16 PM
Darwin McCUllough

oops, should have added that it was a demonstrator model from the Audi
dealer.
The option costs around 145 UKP, but if thats a factory fitting then that
would explain the price.
This was just an afterthought I had this morning!

"Peter Bell" > wrote in message
> In message >
> "Darwin McCUllough" > wrote:
>
> > I have just bought a 2004 A4 (UK Spec) and was thinking about adding
> > the lighting pack. I understand the door lights and the sunvisor
> > lights but how is the centre console illuminated? Would you guys
> > recommend it?

> It sounds like a lot of work. Wouldn't it be easier to buy, or order, a
> car with the lighting pack already installed at the factory?
>
> I'm not familiar with the B6 model A4, but on the C5 model A6, the
> console illumination is by red leds shining down from the roof panel -
> quite subtle and pleasing.
>
> --
> Peter Bell (Note Spamtrap - To reply, replace 'invalid' with

'bellfamily')

Old May 17th 04, 07:18 PM
Cam Newton

On Sun, 16 May 2004 14:16:30 +0000 (UTC), "Darwin McCUllough"
> wrote:

>oops, should have added that it was a demonstrator model from the Audi
>dealer.
>The option costs around 145 UKP, but if thats a factory fitting then that
>would explain the price.
>This was just an afterthought I had this morning!

Not sure if it is the same thing we have in Canada ... but we had the
Lighting package included. I lilke it and it is good for my wife when
she is working late. Gives her an added bit of security to see a)
where the car is in the lot and b) no fumbling around when she gets
into it.

.. .