New gears and gas mileage

Old September 25th 08, 11:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

Default New gears and gas mileage

Got my new 5:13's in, have the first 500 miles on them. Got it all dialed in
with a TruSpeed.

Mileage befo 10.6 mpg
After: 12.46
Much MUCH better response, better shifiting and I can pass now without
having to be on a downhill slope.

--
Kate
| _oooo_
|/l ,[____],
l-L -OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)--)_)

How I waste my money:

Rough Country 4" X series-lift,
Rough Country Diff Guards
Rough Country Steering skid brace
Rough Country Winch plate
Rough Country Performance 2.2 shocks
Rough Country steering stabilizer
JKS 1.25" BL 1"MML,
JKS Track Bar
5.13 Gears,
Tom Woods CV Driveshaft
SwayLOC,
Selby Rock rails,
DickHard rear bumper & swing away tire carrier
Warn M8000,
Carr Rota Light bar w/a 6 pack,
15 x 10 Cepek DC-1 wheels & 33" Cepek Mud Country Tires
Cobra 75wxst w/ 4' Firestick
Aww **** handles
HD Rear shackles
Superlift TruSpeed
Iron Rock Tie Rod

Old September 25th 08, 11:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

Got the numbers a little backwards.
B4 - 10.4 - 10.5
after: 10.64

"Kate" > wrote in message
.. .
Got my new 5:13's in, have the first 500 miles on them. Got it all dialed in
with a TruSpeed.

Mileage befo 10.6 mpg
After: 12.46
Much MUCH better response, better shifiting and I can pass now without
having to be on a downhill slope.

--
Kate
| _oooo_
|/l ,[____],
l-L -OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)--)_)

Old September 26th 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

GAK!
After 12.65 - WTF is WRONG with me today!?

"Kate" > wrote in message
. ..
Got the numbers a little backwards.
B4 - 10.4 - 10.5
after: 10.64

"Kate" > wrote in message
.. .
Got my new 5:13's in, have the first 500 miles on them. Got it all dialed in
with a TruSpeed.

Mileage befo 10.6 mpg
After: 12.46
Much MUCH better response, better shifiting and I can pass now without
having to be on a downhill slope.

--
Kate
| _oooo_
|/l ,[____],
l-L -OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)--)_)

Old September 26th 08, 02:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_8_]

IMHO, you have to go about a week or two to three fillups to get a good
mileage reading, unless you have some fancy newfangled electronic thing
figuring it out for you. I'm glad for you, now you're only using twice as
much gas as my Wrangler and barely four times as much as my Civic. Not even
the hybrid model either. {þ

--
Earle Horton --

. ..

** Posted from
http://www.teranews.com **
Old September 26th 08, 05:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
ULB

On Sep 25, 3:32*pm, "Kate" > wrote:
> Got my new 5:13's in, have the first 500 miles on them. Got it all dialed in
> with a TruSpeed.
>
> Mileage befo 10.6 mpg
> After: 12.46
> Much MUCH better response, better shifiting and I can pass now without
> having to be on a downhill slope.
>
> --
> Kate
> | *_oooo_
> |/l ,[____],
> l-L -OlllllllO-
> ()_)-()_)--)_)
>
> How I waste my money:
>
> Rough Country 4" X series-lift,
> Rough Country Diff Guards
> Rough Country Steering skid brace
> Rough Country Winch plate
> Rough Country Performance 2.2 shocks
> Rough Country steering stabilizer
> JKS 1.25" BL 1"MML,
> JKS Track Bar
> 5.13 Gears,
> Tom Woods CV Driveshaft
> SwayLOC,
> Selby Rock rails,
> DickHard rear bumper & swing away tire carrier
> Warn M8000,
> Carr Rota Light bar w/a 6 pack,
> 15 x 10 Cepek DC-1 wheels & *33" Cepek Mud Country Tires
> Cobra 75wxst w/ 4' Firestick
> Aww **** handles
> HD Rear shackles
> Superlift TruSpeed
> Iron Rock Tie Rod

Thanks for the update Kate!

Can someone update me on strength on 4.56 and below. I thought the
carrier or some other component was weaker as soon as you surpassed
4.56. I was really going to go with 4.56 until Kate said she went
with 5.13 a few weeks ago (month maybe) and now is raving about
"proper gearing", then I thumbed around on 4.88. Damnit Kate. You
slay me! BTW, I have a D44 front and rear.

I can turn bolts and work on 70's and below, but a diff I won't want
to tear into.

My waste of cash is here (dont't tell my wife!)

05 Rubicon
Rubi Express 4.5" short arm with Curie CV shaft
OME Nitro Shocks
garvin wilderness front and rear wilderness bumpers
Home fabricated 1/4" box steel welded steering skid box
garvin rear basket above tire
home welded gas can rack, very smiliar to garvins Left side above
bumper
warn xd9000i winch
KC lites bumper light bar, with 3 KC 150 watt daylighters
Hilift on rear bumper
Kargo master Congo cage rack and safari basket up top above soft top
33x12.5 MT Baja's
Procomp 15x8 rock crawler wheels (same as am racing without stripe)
Brake buddy for towing behind my RV, this really works btw
garvin tow adapter
draw tite tow bar
rapid hitch adjustable
Still working on how to fab a rifle carry in jeep. There were some
good suggestions in a previous thread.

Thanks a bunch.
Old September 26th 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_8_]

"ULB" > wrote in message
On Sep 25, 3:32 pm, "Kate" > wrote:
> Got my new 5:13's in, have the first 500 miles on them. Got it all dialed
> in
> with a TruSpeed.
>
> Mileage befo 10.6 mpg
> After: 12.46
> Much MUCH better response, better shifiting and I can pass now without
> having to be on a downhill slope.
>
> --
> Kate
> | _oooo_
> |/l ,[____],
> l-L -OlllllllO-
> ()_)-()_)--)_)
>
> How I waste my money:
>
> Rough Country 4" X series-lift,
> Rough Country Diff Guards
> Rough Country Steering skid brace
> Rough Country Winch plate
> Rough Country Performance 2.2 shocks
> Rough Country steering stabilizer
> JKS 1.25" BL 1"MML,
> JKS Track Bar
> 5.13 Gears,
> Tom Woods CV Driveshaft
> SwayLOC,
> Selby Rock rails,
> DickHard rear bumper & swing away tire carrier
> Warn M8000,
> Carr Rota Light bar w/a 6 pack,
> 15 x 10 Cepek DC-1 wheels & 33" Cepek Mud Country Tires
> Cobra 75wxst w/ 4' Firestick
> Aww **** handles
> HD Rear shackles
> Superlift TruSpeed
> Iron Rock Tie Rod

Thanks for the update Kate!

Can someone update me on strength on 4.56 and below. I thought the
carrier or some other component was weaker as soon as you surpassed
4.56. I was really going to go with 4.56 until Kate said she went
with 5.13 a few weeks ago (month maybe) and now is raving about
"proper gearing", then I thumbed around on 4.88. Damnit Kate. You
slay me! BTW, I have a D44 front and rear.
--- --- --- --- --- ---
Gene Berg used to say that high numbered ratios were weaker because the
pinion was smaller, More leverage equals more stress on components.

His main consideration was drag racing, where you get a lot more shock type
loads than you get in normal use. If you are rock crawling or towing
something big then you might want to get a bigger axle first.

--
Earle Horton --

Old September 26th 08, 07:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

You've got mail!

"ULB" > wrote

Thanks for the update Kate!

Can someone update me on strength on 4.56 and below. I thought the
carrier or some other component was weaker as soon as you surpassed
4.56. I was really going to go with 4.56 until Kate said she went
with 5.13 a few weeks ago (month maybe) and now is raving about
"proper gearing", then I thumbed around on 4.88. Damnit Kate. You
slay me! BTW, I have a D44 front and rear.

*** me too!

I can turn bolts and work on 70's and below, but a diff I won't want
to tear into.

My waste of cash is here (dont't tell my wife!)

05 Rubicon

*** good choice!

[...]

***DANG! and I thought *I* had an addiction! LOL
What color is it?
Mine is Stone White with black top and interior.
Wanna see? I'll show you mine, if you show me yours

Gears Mike Coel Ford Mustang 5 March 8th 08 10:18 PM
Help...my gears are stuck in 4WD [email protected] 4x4 3 February 4th 07 11:56 AM
4.56 gears question oneadvent Ford Mustang 14 July 28th 06 12:19 AM
373 Gears JEFFREY PRIVOTT Ford Mustang 6 December 11th 05 02:08 AM
Need 3.08 gears for Dana 60 Dan Youngquist 4x4 2 November 3rd 04 12:48 AM