91 3 window top

Old January 27th 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default 91 3 window top

Hello,

I replaced my the original top on my Miata with a 3 window
Robbins top about 7 years ago (the original had died).

It's time to replace my current top, but I'm having trouble
finding a 3 window top, which I prefer for the lack of blind
spots and the top lies better with my rollbar.

Does anyone know where 3 window tops are available from?

-Eric
j--
Miss Baby was alright until me and Junior turned her head around.
Old January 29th 06, 03:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Wreckless Eric wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I replaced my the original top on my Miata with a 3 window
> Robbins top about 7 years ago (the original had died).
>
> It's time to replace my current top, but I'm having trouble
> finding a 3 window top, which I prefer for the lack of blind
> spots and the top lies better with my rollbar.
>
> Does anyone know where 3 window tops are available from?
>
> -Eric

you may also try here
http://www.cabrioworld.com
it's available in canvas or vinyl and in a bunch of colors

Old January 30th 06, 04:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

I recommend that you do some research on the 3 window. You're just about the
first person I've heard talk about having one last for that period of time.
Many people have said that the heat weld (or whatever it's called) around
the window separated within the first year and they battled it after that.
I'm not stating definitively, don't buy one, I'm just saying do the research
and keep in mind that even if 80% fail early, 20% of the people think they
have a good product. Just a matter of how much risk you're willing to take.
Maybe you'll find that the mfr fixed the old problem, don't know.

Chris
99BBB

oups.com...

Old January 31st 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

good point. plus a glass window is way nicer than plastic (and i don't mean
in appearance, but that too).

Old February 2nd 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Hello, Christopher Muto!

But glass adds so much weight!

-Eric

You wrote:

> good point. plus a glass window is way nicer than plastic (and

i don't mean
> in appearance, but that too).
>
> "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote in message
> >I recommend that you do some research on the 3 window. You're

just about
> >the first person I've heard talk about having one last for

that period of
> >time. Many people have said that the heat weld (or whatever

it's called)
> >around the window separated within the first year and they

battled it after
> >that. I'm not stating definitively, don't buy one, I'm just

saying do the
> >research and keep in mind that even if 80% fail early, 20% of

the people
> >think they have a good product. Just a matter of how much risk

you're
> >willing to take. Maybe you'll find that the mfr fixed the old

problem,
> >don't know.
> >
> > Chris
> > 99BBB
> >
> > "lloyd_dobbler_1" > wrote in

message

--
Miss Baby was alright until me and Junior turned her head around.