Mazda Roadster (Miata) Coupe site

Old January 13th 06, 02:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Mazda Roadster (Miata) Coupe site

here is the JApanese site for the Miata coupe. Hope they sell it here in
the USA.

http://translate.google.com/translat...lr%3D%26sa%3DG
Old January 13th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Jimmy wrote:
> here is the JApanese site for the Miata coupe. Hope they

sell it here in
> the USA.

http://translate.google.com/translat...lr%3D%26sa%3DG

Try this one: http://tinyurl.com/7owd7

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old January 14th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Iva" > wrote:

>Jimmy wrote:
>> here is the JApanese site for the Miata coupe. Hope they

>sell it here in
>> the USA.
>>

>Try this one: http://tinyurl.com/7owd7
>
>Iva & Belle.)
>'90B Classic Red.)
>#3 winkin' Miata

It seems to be a good looking car, but the ROOF is frozen!!!!
Does it come with a saw?

Leon
http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)
Old January 15th 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

I'd seen the yellow one before. If you look closely, and you should!, it's
got fender flares and such. I didn't realize that it had become a reality in
Japan, looks like it may have.

Interesting,
Chris

Old January 16th 06, 12:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

It is an interesting looking car but I'm not sure how well
it might sell. Actually, it might do better as a
replacement for the RX8, an ugly, but fun car, IMHO. As for
the fender flares, I've always thought "add-on" plastic body
panels look like what they are, a cheap after thought.

Randy

wrote in message

they
> >>sell it here in
> >>>

> >>Try this one: http://tinyurl.com/7owd7
> >>
> >>Iva & Belle.)
> >>'90B Classic Red.)
> >>#3 winkin' Miata

> > It seems to be a good looking car, but the ROOF is

frozen!!!!
> > Does it come with a saw?
> >
> > Leon
> > --
> > Leon van Dommelen Bozo, the White 96 Sebring Miata

..)

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
> > EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie

Jensen)

Old January 16th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Might this be a precursor to a "metal roof convertible" ??

--
I work for the ILEC ...." stuff happens! "

Old January 17th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Randy, That's a matter of opinion obviously but I would say that yes, they
can be tacky but if they are done properly, and they are on this example,
they look like factory modifications to go racing. You may or may not
remember a beautiful Porsche 944 that was similarly appointed and looked bad
ass! You know, that may have been a 924 (no nasty 924 cracks here please,
the car had potential).

Just my 2 cents.
Chris
99BBB

. ..

http://www.dommelen.net/miata

Old January 17th 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Randy, That's a matter of opinion obviously but I would say that yes, they
> can be tacky but if they are done properly, and they are on this example,
> they look like factory modifications to go racing. You may or may not
> remember a beautiful Porsche 944 that was similarly appointed and looked bad
> ass! You know, that may have been a 924 (no nasty 924 cracks here please,
> the car had potential).
>
> Just my 2 cents.
> Chris
> 99BBB

I never heard "tacky" used to describe the body kit that I put on my
1978 Datsun 280Z. It replaced those gigantic bumpers with flush
fiberglass covers and made the car look lower but was still somewhat subtle.
When I look at the pictures, which I still need to scan, it looks like a
far more modern car than the other 240Z's and 280Z's that my friend's
were driving.

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder.
After all, look at how many people walked onto the Honda lot and
thought, "I gotta get that Element, it is a beautifully designed
vehicle". ;-)

Pat
Old January 17th 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

pws > wrote in
:

> After all, look at how many people walked onto the Honda lot and
> thought, "I gotta get that Element, it is a beautifully designed
> vehicle". ;-)

Total piece of fugly crap, now the Scion OTOH.... <GD&R>

Old January 17th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Plenty of humor around here! I love it.

Pat, are you telling me that we share an affection and an ownership history
of Datsun Z-cars too? That's amazing. I owned a 73 240Z starting in 78 and
later owned a ........mmmmmmm.....76 or 77 280Z. The exact year doesn't
matter I wanted a 78 so's I could have the five speed! A friend of mine had
a car I've always coveted, he bought a wine colored 78 280Z, 5-speed of
course. Sweet car!

Oh, those were the days.....seems so long ago but I feel so
young.......mmmmmm. I think the miata helps on that front. I really don't
think the Z was ever as much fun as I've had with these lil roadsters.

Chris
99BBB
p.s. spellchecker just pulled up Datsun, now that's funny!