Winter tyres

Old January 10th 11, 12:51 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Stef[_2_]

Default Winter tyres

?

--
Stef (remove caps, dashes and .invalid from e-mail address to reply by mail)

You got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going,
because you might not get there.
-- Yogi Berra
Old January 10th 11, 04:49 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Savage[_3_]

"Stef" > wrote in message
. ..
> In alt.autos.alfa-romeo,
> Dave Savage > wrote:
>>
>> Is that "Stef from the other side" ?

> ?
>
> --
> Stef (remove caps, dashes and .invalid from e-mail address to reply by
> mail)
>
> You got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going,
> because you might not get there.
> -- Yogi Berra

Since you had said :

" Just testing how fast the old 156 would still run and just over 200kph I
suddenly realized I was running on 'T' tires... "

I wasn't sure if you had in fact survived !!

Dave S..... (with a huge >) as I've just seen my 1st road-going 8C -
spotted in Raynes Park, SW London at about 15:00 hours today. I wonder if he
was doing the school run. Nah, seems a bit unlikely. )

Old January 10th 11, 05:11 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Stef[_2_]

In alt.autos.alfa-romeo,
Dave Savage > wrote:

> "Stef" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> In alt.autos.alfa-romeo,
>> Dave Savage > wrote:
>>>
>>> Is that "Stef from the other side" ?

>> ?

> Since you had said :
>
> " Just testing how fast the old 156 would still run and just over 200kph I
> suddenly realized I was running on 'T' tires... "
>
> I wasn't sure if you had in fact survived !!

Ah, that other side. :-)

Don't worry, the 'T' tires didn't blow up instantly over 190. :-)
(Maybe they will in the movies)

Guess doing over 190 at high temperatures with full load for a long
period of time would not be advisable. But under light load at lowish
temperatures they should be OK for a while. But as I was not out to test
that theory and liked to be on the safe and legal side, I slowed down to
160, which suddenly seemed rather slow.

> Dave S..... (with a huge >) as I've just seen my 1st road-going 8C -
> spotted in Raynes Park, SW London at about 15:00 hours today. I wonder if he
> was doing the school run. Nah, seems a bit unlikely. )

Nice! So far only spotted a few stationary ones on alfa days myself.

--
Stef (remove caps, dashes and .invalid from e-mail address to reply by mail)

If you think before you speak the other guy gets his joke in first.
Old January 10th 11, 09:23 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

On 10/01/2011 16:11, Stef wrote:
> In alt.autos.alfa-romeo,
> Dave > wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message
>> . ..

>>> ?

>> Since you had said :
>>
>> " Just testing how fast the old 156 would still run and just over 200kph I
>> suddenly realized I was running on 'T' tires... "
>>
>> I wasn't sure if you had in fact survived !!

> Ah, that other side. :-)
>
> Don't worry, the 'T' tires didn't blow up instantly over 190. :-)
> (Maybe they will in the movies)
>
> Guess doing over 190 at high temperatures with full load for a long
> period of time would not be advisable. But under light load at lowish
> temperatures they should be OK for a while. But as I was not out to test
> that theory and liked to be on the safe and legal side, I slowed down to
> 160, which suddenly seemed rather slow.
>
>> Dave S..... (with a huge>) as I've just seen my 1st road-going 8C -
>> spotted in Raynes Park, SW London at about 15:00 hours today. I wonder if he
>> was doing the school run. Nah, seems a bit unlikely. )

> Nice! So far only spotted a few stationary ones on alfa days myself.

Not seen one myself.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
#www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old January 10th 11, 10:22 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Ross

"Dave Savage" > wrote in message

> Dave S..... (with a huge >) as I've just seen my 1st road-going 8C -
> spotted in Raynes Park, SW London at about 15:00 hours today. I wonder if
> he was doing the school run. Nah, seems a bit unlikely. )

I saw my first one on the road on the M20 a couple of months ago...it
sounded absolutely stunning when he put his foot down! :-)

I also had the chance to have a look round a Spider at Motoexpo in
London...if only I could win the lottery!!

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/u.../P1000052b.jpg

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/u.../P1000051b.jpg

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/u.../P1000053b.jpg

Regards
Ross

New tyres.... Rob Hawes BMW 2 December 31st 06 11:06 PM
tyres [email protected] Alfa Romeo 4 November 27th 06 02:29 PM
Driving in summer on winter tyres Paul {Hamilton Rooney} Driving 4 August 19th 06 12:34 AM
A4 tyres Glenn Richards Audi 45 December 28th 04 06:43 PM
Tyres which ones GrL 4x4 4 January 16th 04 02:35 AM