Is there anything worse than changing the sidelights on a 156?

Old December 12th 10, 12:10 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Default Is there anything worse than changing the sidelights on a 156?

On 12/12/2010 08:58, Dave Savage wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> Apparently so.....
>> --
>> Catman MIB#14 SKoGA#6 TEAR#4 BOTAFOF#38 Apostle#21 COSOC#3
>> Tyger, Tyger Burning Bright (Remove rust to reply)
>> 116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
>> Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
>> #www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

> In 12 years of 156 ownership (crap grammar, but it's early in the day) I
> have never heard anybody claim that they could change the front indicator
> bulb on a 156. I still reckon it's impossible.

Jamie did mine once....

Although he may have just given me a different car.

Old December 12th 10, 10:30 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 00:06:11 +0000, Catman
> wrote:

>On 11/12/2010 21:08, Zathras wrote:
>> Oh yes. Try replacing the headlight washer stop valve inside the front
>> valence!!
>>

>Why in the name of god would I want to do that?

Two reasons.

1/ When it fails (becomes leaky) *all* your washer fluid drains out in
a few hours!
2/ One *might* want to keep *all* the systems functional out of some
small sense of pride.

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)
Old December 13th 10, 10:47 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

On 12/12/2010 21:30, Zathras wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 00:06:11 +0000, Catman
> > wrote:
>
>> On 11/12/2010 21:08, Zathras wrote:
>>> Oh yes. Try replacing the headlight washer stop valve inside the front
>>> valence!!
>>>

>> Why in the name of god would I want to do that?

> Two reasons.
>
> 1/ When it fails (becomes leaky) *all* your washer fluid drains out in
> a few hours!
> 2/ One *might* want to keep *all* the systems functional out of some
> small sense of pride.

Over rated