E60 Rear Wishbone Lifespan?

Old December 14th 08, 10:25 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
lviren

Default E60 Rear Wishbone Lifespan?

My BMW garage tells me my rear O/S wishbone needs replacing - too much
freeplay. The car has done 56k miles. When do these things normally need
replacing? The car is driven carefully etc. Can something cause thus to
occur?

Thanks.

Old December 14th 08, 03:16 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Alan B. Mac Farlane

tis the rubber spacers that are worn out ?

looking at my computer print out of BMW certified mechanic repairs for my
VIN ... at about 48k out of the factory ... there was a fairly major repair
of a large part on the engine ... forgot what it was ... and there has not
been any problems with the car for now 175k miles other then maintenance.

also ... replace a waterpump ... that 5 months later had to be replaced
again on the next oil change (my BMW jobber did a warrenty swapout for that
part).

it was a lemmon part ... not a lemmon car.

stuff like this happens it is the human element they are trying to eliminate
through the engineering and machining ... can only go so far since the human
hand with its intention is behind it.

people and their things ... always give 110 percent, they are always doing
the best they can with whey they got.

Such as the President of the USA ... the poor little boy is doing the best
he can with what he gots.

you want to do better ... improve what you gots.

change the emotional bathwater, keep the baby, upgrade your intention.

as you speak so shall you become,

as you think so shall you be.

Bubble Boy talked US here and thunk US here with landslide victories and
social mandates and the Dummy Dems helping the GOPerps all the way.

Pill Grims they are !!!

Here have some koolaid ... from the Grim Pills.

Great family fun and the kids love it.

All hail the Serpent Staff of Moses from the Jealous God of FIRE !!!

sumbuddie wear blind sea

in article , lviren at

Old December 15th 08, 12:14 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
lviren

They tell me the wishbone needs replaced - about £200 for the part. The
reason I ask is that someone crashed into my car in that area but I thought
there was only damage to the body. Could the collision have damaged the
wishbone?

Thanks.

Old December 15th 08, 12:36 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:14:57 -0000, "lviren" > wrote:

>They tell me the wishbone needs replaced - about £200 for the part. The
>reason I ask is that someone crashed into my car in that area but I thought
>there was only damage to the body. Could the collision have damaged the
>wishbone?

Quite possibly..........

If you have claimed from their insurance get in touch with them again and point
out that subsequentially further damage to the vehicle has been found resulting
from the "accident" and you want the assessor to re-inspect and authorise
repairs - get an estimate/quote from your favorite BMW dealer first.

Hugh