Pros and cons - Remote Starters

Old November 26th 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
birdbrain

Default Pros and cons - Remote Starters

Hello all!

I figured this might be a good place to ask if I could install a remote
starter into a 2004 Stratus. We purchased this vehicle with under 10,000
miles a couple years ago and it still has under 20,000 miles. When
purchased, it did not have the remote door/trunk lock remote but I took it
into the local dealer and had it installed. Now, Christmas is approaching
and I was thinking about letting the wife have a Remote Starter. (It's COLD
here in Wisconsin) Could I effectively and safely have a remote starter
installed without removing or tampering the newer door/trunk lock remote we
just had installed? What brand or model would you recommend/avoid? Advice?

Thanks!! I appreciate your replys or advice.

BB

Old November 28th 07, 03:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
philthy[_1_]

regardless of what brand you get make dam sure all connections are soldered!
do not allow butt connectors or scotch locks or t taps! the system is as only
as good as the install do not let them bs you soldering is the only correct way
to install it
that way if there is any failure it is from the components which is hardly ever

Old November 29th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Mike Y

"birdbrain" > wrote in message
> Hello all!
>
> I figured this might be a good place to ask if I could install a remote
> starter into a 2004 Stratus. We purchased this vehicle with under 10,000
> miles a couple years ago and it still has under 20,000 miles. When
> purchased, it did not have the remote door/trunk lock remote but I took it
> into the local dealer and had it installed. Now, Christmas is approaching
> and I was thinking about letting the wife have a Remote Starter. (It's

COLD
> here in Wisconsin) Could I effectively and safely have a remote starter
> installed without removing or tampering the newer door/trunk lock remote

we
> just had installed? What brand or model would you recommend/avoid? Advice?
>
> Thanks!! I appreciate your replys or advice.
>
> BB

I bought the Bulldog/JBS system and was about to install it in my car. Then
the car got totaled in an accident. The replacement car came with a 'Viper'
Valet system. Nice. I've been told the Viper is the best setup out there,
but the Bulldog has great instructions and manuals. They have a DVD
that comes with the kit that is pretty good at describing how to do the
install and the PROPER way of 'splicing in' to a wire. The install kit
comes with a little tool to help test and verify connections. What's also
nice is they also have 'vehicle specific' harnesses that can cut your
install
time by hours. Turns out the harness for my Pontiac that got totaled will
also work in my Olds, so I can install the remote starter in my other car
now.

Oh, they have a new system now that just 'plugs in'. Kind of pricey,
but it uses your cell phone to call and start. Makes me wonder what
happens if you don't have service where you park...

Mike

Old December 15th 07, 05:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
birdbrain

Thanks to all who replied. I went ahead and got a Bulldog remote starter
along with the 791 bypass. I will post some results when I get this thing
installed.

BB