2005 Saturn Ion 3 Clutch Problems

Old April 1st 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default 2005 Saturn Ion 3 Clutch Problems

Greetings.

I have a 2005 Saturn Ion with bulletin problem PIP3613. Saturn told me
it is a problem that has no fix. Had the car at the dealer for over
two weeks with no resolution.

The problem is related to a whirring sound when releasing the clutch.
It started occasionally but it occurs all too frequently.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks.

Old April 1st 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On 31 Mar 2006 15:34:39 -0800, "Sjambok" > wrote:

>Greetings.
>
>I have a 2005 Saturn Ion with bulletin problem PIP3613. Saturn told me
>it is a problem that has no fix. Had the car at the dealer for over
>two weeks with no resolution.
>
>The problem is related to a whirring sound when releasing the clutch.
>It started occasionally but it occurs all too frequently.
>
>Has anyone else experienced this?
>
>Thanks.

Get them to try a aftermarket clutch disc as I have little doubt that
the problem is related to the clutch facing they are using.
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old April 3rd 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

I will have to try that; although, the dealer read me what GM told them
- or so they said. I doubt it is the throw-out bearing since the sound
occurs when the clutch is released as opposed to depressed.

Thanks for the advice.

Old April 3rd 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On 2 Apr 2006 18:54:09 -0700, "Sjambok" > wrote:

>I will have to try that; although, the dealer read me what GM told them
>- or so they said. I doubt it is the throw-out bearing since the sound
>occurs when the clutch is released as opposed to depressed.
>
>Thanks for the advice.

It is not the throwout bearing.
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com