Spark Plug Wiring Order On 2000 Saturn SL

Old March 26th 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default Spark Plug Wiring Order On 2000 Saturn SL

I recently replaced the spark plug wires on my 2000 Saturn SL (SOHC)
and I'm not sure if I plugged them in in the proper order on the
distributor end.

Left-to-right, I plugged them in as follows: sparkplugs are 4-3-2-1 and
my wiring order on the distributor end is 4-1-2-3.

Could someone please verify the proper wiring order for me?

Old March 27th 06, 03:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Maybe I wasn't clear with my question, or, I'm not understanding. I
connected my distributor to my sparkplugs as shown he

http://www.starcevic.org/~kresimir/P...istributor.png

The diagram is drawn with both the distributor and the sparkplugs as
viewed from the front of the car. Can anyone verify if I've wired this
correctly?

The reason I ask is that I'm noticing that the engine shakes terribly,
and the "Service Engine Soon" light flashes, indicating a misfire
condition.

Old March 27th 06, 04:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

In article .com>,
says...
> Maybe I wasn't clear with my question, or, I'm not understanding. I
> connected my distributor to my sparkplugs as shown he

http://www.starcevic.org/~kresimir/P...istributor.png

> The diagram is drawn with both the distributor and the sparkplugs as
> viewed from the front of the car. Can anyone verify if I've wired this
> correctly?
>
> The reason I ask is that I'm noticing that the engine shakes terribly,
> and the "Service Engine Soon" light flashes, indicating a misfire
> condition.

Do what what?

Is this a 1965 Saturn? There are no distributors on any Saturns. Your
pics wiring looks really wrong. I'm guessing your coils dont show any
numbers?

To make this easy on you and me I searched for some pictures and came up
with your answer but it turns out the answer is on a site that belongs
to a poster here that may not want their site posted..? So I wont do
that!
---- LoL I found your site Jonnie! ----

Your numbers are all wrong. Looking at the engine while standing at the
bumper, read it like a book. The 1st cylinder is the one on the far
left, the 4th cylinder is the one nearest to the trans mission.

The coil pack is the same way EXCEPT #4 is the first prong on the left.

Engine 1,2,3,4
Coil 4,1,2,3

Now just connect the numbers together.