Alfa 156

Old March 24th 06, 10:48 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default Alfa 156

Took delivery of one of the last 156's on Monday. 1.9 JTD 16v multijet.
What a car! I really love it. I know it's old now but it's not tainted
with the 'chav' image like the German lacklustre cars. And the road
holding is just magical.

I didn't think I could get this excited any more!
Old March 24th 06, 10:24 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

"Jim" > wrote in message
> Took delivery of one of the last 156's on Monday. 1.9 JTD 16v multijet.
> What a car! I really love it. I know it's old now but it's not tainted
> with the 'chav' image like the German lacklustre cars. And the road
> holding is just magical.
>
> I didn't think I could get this excited any more!

One of the last?

Theres thousands of new one still out thier...

Anyway - i agree it is a very good car... I had the same model as you but
recently sold it on after three years.

Why?
Well not to put too much of a dampner on your purchase...

Cost more the reason than anything - I just wasn't happy paying out £400 for
a service and when my clutch went after 50,000 miles it cost me the top end
of 800 quid to sort it out!!! Then my next service was the cambelt service
at 72,000 which would have hammered me another grand...

So in three years I have paid out around 2400 quid on a car just to keep the
warrinty - it has also depreciated well over %60 in that time.

I paid 18,000 for it three years ago and had to accept 6000 for it a few
weeks ago...

My grand total loss in 2.5 years that i owned the car was 14,500... 5800
average a year !!! Plus running the car... tax, fuel etc it just was not
good business sense...

Cracking bloody car though like you said... if I buy one again I will
probably buy nearly new.

There is no way I am opening my wallet for a 159 for at least another
year...

Dom

Old March 25th 06, 02:16 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Have a lot of co-workers with BMW/Audi/Merc that pay at least what I pay for
my Alfa service......
Compare Alfa to upper-range middle class in stead of the low-middle class.
Isn't that what you get in driving experience / fun as well ??
--
Ciao from The Netherlands
alfistagj (aka Gert-Jan)

"Domestos" > schreef in bericht