1990 Olds Cutlass Ciera PCV Valve

Old March 1st 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default 1990 Olds Cutlass Ciera PCV Valve

Where the heck is this thing? The aftermarket repair book shows a
picture of it on the 3.3 but it's not there on my car. I've looked all
around and it is nowhere to be found. It's supposed to be in front of
the first plug on the front left side. Help heheh

Joseph

Old March 1st 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Seriously? Oh man... Who engineered this thing? hehe

The plugs are damn near impossible to get out in the back, and it took
me almost 2 hours to figure out how to open the plug wire route. I was
near just prying it out...

Thanks!

Old March 1st 06, 04:33 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Seriously? Oh man... Who engineered this thing? hehe
>
> The plugs are damn near impossible to get out in the back, and it took
> me almost 2 hours to figure out how to open the plug wire route. I was
> near just prying it out...
>
> Thanks!

...from a forum somewhere on Google: "Changing a PCV valve is such a
routine operation that shop
manuals don't even cover it. However, GM really painted themselves
into a corner on the 3.3 Liter engine. I am working on a 1993 Olds
Cierra but the problem must be the same on Buicks etc. as well.
The PCV valve is located below the fuel rail right next to the
intake manifold on the front of the engine (right side of the car)."
Sincerely hope this may help a bit. sdlomi2

Old March 2nd 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

I got it out!

Had to disconnect some wires. The clip was a royal pain, but was able
to shift it down on the valve then pry the valve up until it popped
out. Getting it back on was an equal pain in the butt, but it went on.
Whew!

Old March 4th 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

It slides to the side to snap out. It doesn't just unclip and pull out
like one would intuitively believe.

Old March 4th 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.autos.tech