What ever happened to...

Old November 12th 05, 12:00 AM
Mike64Bug

Default What ever happened to...

I was sorting through a stack of old catalogs from
places I used to buy stuff from (years ago) and some
of them appear to have gone the way of the dinosaur.
A search of the Internet turns up nothing, which would
seem to confirm they've dried up and blown away, but
perhaps they've changed names or merged with other
companies. Does anyone remember;

H.C. Fastener, Alvarado, TX. Used to sell hard to find
automotive fasteners, tools and restoration supplies.
They sold a rust converter called Fertan.

Lions Automotive, Lyons, IL. They sold restoration
supplies, paint and body supplies and unique tools
like Eastwood sells now.

Pratco Inc., Cleveland, GA. They sold various air tools
and such under their own name. Not quite "professional
grade" stuff but better than the really cheap stuff.

AMT Tools, they sold drill presses and other power tools.
They claimed that there was good Taiwanese made stuff
as well as bad. I have a small benchtop drill press from
them and it was a nice one for the price.

Most of these places advertised in magazines like Hemmings.
I guess things changed a bit while I changed jobs, bought
a house, raised kids, got divorced. )

--
>>>Mike

'64 sunroof Beetle
'55 semaphore Beetle

what happened to small cheap pickup trucks? [email protected] Driving 41 October 20th 05 06:48 PM
What happened? Alias Ford Mustang 10 June 4th 05 07:09 AM
what happened to the guy buying the new Vette that wanted out? Tom in Missouri Corvette 6 October 14th 04 02:38 AM