The 2016 Hamster

Old September 4th 14, 02:28 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default The 2016 Hamster

The 2016 Hamster:

http://photos.newswire.ca/images/dow...O_EN_42615.jpg

http://photos.newswire.ca/images/dow...O_EN_42617.jpg

I haven't yet found any specs except to say that the car is shorter and narrower than the current car. And then I have to say that it doesn't work to proportion width to length but that width should be maintained.

Also, a gallery of 15 or so photos shows that the car is just a folded sheet metal unibody but like the current car
..
Old September 4th 14, 02:32 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Here's the gallery of 15 photos:

http://www.latimes.com/business/auto...904-story.html
..

Old September 4th 14, 03:14 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

And the marketing says that they went to a more lightweight car.

But making a car lighter by making it smaller is not exactly a technology.

The car is probably too small for the USA market. See, the Honda S2000 and the BMW Z4 were already bigger cars
..

Old September 4th 14, 03:34 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

The Pontiac Solstice and the Honda S2000 were bigger cars. The BWM Z4 and the Porsche Boxster are bigger cars
..
Old September 4th 14, 07:35 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

The front-end does have an Italian super-car look to it. But forum posters are noticing the front fender line as a simply continuation of the door line.

The rear-end is hopeless and looks like something from a Japanese econo-box.

Well, marketing science is on the line. The market research says that the buyer wants a car that reminds them of the first-generation car.

Personally, I would want something as wide as a Porsche Boxster. And construction like a Corvette or Elise.

The price of the car will save it
..
Old September 5th 14, 06:48 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Well, I just saw a new MB SLK and it is pretty darn small.

And then the Porsche Boxster. It looks great in profile but is pretty darn rounded otherwise.

This 2016 MX5 looks like a glob-of-round that someone chiseled some detail into.

I think I'm looking for the Lotus Esprit of a few years back. Or the Ferrari 360. Something not too rounded and trim.

For something bigger there is the Audi R8 but that's $120,000 if one can be found without options.

Basically, if the MX5 is too small then there is the Nissan Z-car, the Porsche Boxster, and the new Lotus Evora. And the BWM Z4. Also, the MB SLK. Well, the Corvette fits in this price range also. Oh, the new Jaguar F-Type. But the only car here that stays within 50% of the price of the MX5 is the Nissan Z-car
..
Old September 5th 14, 10:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
N8N[_2_]

On Wednesday, September 3, 2014 10:14:55 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> And the marketing says that they went to a more lightweight car.
>

> But making a car lighter by making it smaller is not exactly a technology.
>

> The car is probably too small for the USA market. See, the Honda S2000 and the BMW Z4 were already bigger cars
>
> .

and the current Miata is bloated and enormous compared to the original. I think smaller is a great trend!

nate
Old September 5th 14, 11:04 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

N8N > wrote:
>On Wednesday, September 3, 2014 10:14:55 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>> And the marketing says that they went to a more lightweight car.
>>
>> The car is probably too small for the USA market. See, the Honda S2000 and the BMW Z4 were already bigger cars
>>

>and the current Miata is bloated and enormous compared to the original. I think smaller is a great trend!

Agreed. Curb weight on the Miata is 2480 lbs which is only around 100 lbs
less than a big 4-seater BMW E30. Get maybe 500 lbs off of that thing and
then I'll consider buying it.
--scott
Old September 6th 14, 07:39 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

N8N wrote:

> and the current Miata is bloated and enormous compared to the original. I think smaller is a great trend!
>

> nate

Original poster writes:

Making a car lighter only by making it smaller is not an impressive technology.

For instance, the Lotus Elise has visibly large chassis sections but it weighs less than 2000 pounds
..

hamster drives truck bob Technology 1 September 22nd 13 07:44 PM
Camaro Redo In 2016 [email protected][_2_] Ford Mustang 0 December 30th 11 02:53 AM
LA County: You're Stuck in a Traffic Jam Until AT LEAST 2016 Scott en Aztlán Driving 72 December 5th 05 12:59 AM
How to replace a defective hamster in my car ??? Dan Simper Technology 4 February 8th 05 07:57 PM