Passenger side door lock on C5-doesn't always work

Old October 23rd 11, 09:57 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
spus

Default Passenger side door lock on C5-doesn't always work

Seems occasionally the right door won't unlock . Is there a fix for this?

Old October 23rd 11, 11:06 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I[_2_]

Found this thread

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...sometimes.html

Old November 1st 11, 01:37 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

Yep. Next time do not buy a corvette. GM wouldn't know how to make a
reliable car if their lives depended on it.

Old November 24th 11, 01:55 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 10/23/2011 06:06 PM, Bob I wrote:
> Found this thread
>
> http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...sometimes.html
>

> On 10/23/2011 3:57 PM, spus wrote:
>> Seems occasionally the right door won't unlock . Is there a fix for this?

I see this is an old thread and hopefully you've got it fixed now, but
GM seems to be completely unable to make a decent power door lock
actuator. Lots of problems with these with Impalas, have personally
seen it on two different cars (one twice on two different doors) and
fleet coordinator at work told me that it happened on lots of them.
they just bind up, especially when the car is parked in the sun. Don't
know if there is a fix besides replacing the actuator - all of these
cars had failures while still under warranty.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old November 24th 11, 04:57 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
tww1491

"uncle_vito" wrote in message
.com...

Yep. Next time do not buy a corvette. GM wldn't know how to make a
reliable car if their lives depended on it.

Seems like the newer models seem to have quite a few expensive problems as
they age. The 1969 350 4 speed (no power anything or a/c) I had years
ago -- and even the 71 454 that followed, were quite simple and very
reliable. I guess that;s what progress brings you. Personally, I hesitate
buying a used C4 or 5 for that reason. And, the local GM dealers (per the
local Corvette club) are apparently inept when presented with Corvette
problems.

Old November 30th 11, 05:39 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

I own a 64 C2 which I love. I would like to buy a new Vette but do not have
any desire to have to take it to the dealer all the time. Build in some
reliability then I will think about a late model.

Old November 30th 11, 06:18 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"uncle_vito" > wrote in message
.com...
>I own a 64 C2 which I love. I would like to buy a new Vette but do
>not have any desire to have to take it to the dealer all the time.
>Build in some reliability then I will think about a late model.
>
> "tww1491" > wrote in message
>>

>> "uncle_vito" wrote in message
>> .com...
>>
>> Yep. Next time do not buy a corvette. GM wldn't know how to make
>> reliable car if their lives depended on it.
>>
>> Seems like the newer models seem to have quite a few expensive
>> problems as they age. The 1969 350 4 speed (no power anything or
>> a/c) I had years ago -- and even the 71 454 that followed, were
>> quite simple and very reliable. I guess that;s what progress
>> brings you. Personally, I hesitate buying a used C4 or 5 for that
>> reason. And, the local GM dealers (per the local Corvette club)
>> are apparently inept when presented with Corvette problems.
>>

>> "spus" > wrote in message
>>> Seems occasionally the right door won't unlock . Is there a fix
>>> for this?

Same here, just no reliability at all. Back to the dealer 3 times in
the first 2 years for their free oil change. Every time I turn around
it has to have gasoline, and then it was new tires, Will it never end?

It only has 42,000 miles on it and it's time to get rid of it. Make me
an offer like you know what you're talking about so I can get the new
generation on order.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old December 1st 11, 04:25 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Unquestionably Confused

On 11/30/2011 11:18 AM, Dad wrote:

> "uncle_vito" > wrote in message
> .com...
>> I own a 64 C2 which I love. I would like to buy a new Vette but do not
>> have any desire to have to take it to the dealer all the time. Build
>> in some reliability then I will think about a late model.

[snip]

> Same here, just no reliability at all. Back to the dealer 3 times in the
> first 2 years for their free oil change. Every time I turn around it has
> to have gasoline, and then it was new tires, Will it never end?
>
> It only has 42,000 miles on it and it's time to get rid of it. Make me
> an offer like you know what you're talking about so I can get the new
> generation on order.

Jeez, you guys are such "Doom & Gloomers" Look at the bright side. GM
did away with the ash trays now you don't have to worry about them
getting filled up <g>

I swear, some folks would complain if they were hanged with a new rope!

Old December 1st 11, 07:23 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Unquestionably Confused" > wrote in message
.com...
> On 11/30/2011 11:18 AM, Dad wrote:
>>
>> "uncle_vito" > wrote in message
>> .com...
>>> I own a 64 C2 which I love. I would like to buy a new Vette but do
>>> not
>>> have any desire to have to take it to the dealer all the time.
>>> Build
>>> in some reliability then I will think about a late model.

> [snip]
>>>>>

>> Same here, just no reliability at all. Back to the dealer 3 times
>> in the
>> first 2 years for their free oil change. Every time I turn around
>> it has
>> to have gasoline, and then it was new tires, Will it never end?
>>
>> It only has 42,000 miles on it and it's time to get rid of it. Make
>> me
>> an offer like you know what you're talking about so I can get the
>> new
>> generation on order.

> Jeez, you guys are such "Doom & Gloomers" Look at the bright side.
> GM did away with the ash trays now you don't have to worry about
> them getting filled up <g>
>
> I swear, some folks would complain if they were hanged with a new
> rope!

I thought the old saying was, "Some people would kick even if they
were hung with a new rope". (?)

Thanks for bringing something positive to a negative news group. Poor
ol spus didn't even want to take a chance to tell us if Bob I had
pointed him to an answer to his problem.

Old December 9th 11, 01:43 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
tww1491

"Dad" wrote in message .. .

"Unquestionably Confused" > wrote in message
.com...
> On 11/30/2011 11:18 AM, Dad wrote:
>>
>> "uncle_vito" > wrote in message
>> .com...
>>> I own a 64 C2 which I love. I would like to buy a new Vette but do not
>>> have any desire to have to take it to the dealer all the time. Build
>>> in some reliability then I will think about a late model.

> [snip]
>>>>>

>> Same here, just no reliability at all. Back to the dealer 3 times in the
>> first 2 years for their free oil change. Every time I turn around it has
>> to have gasoline, and then it was new tires, Will it never end?
>>
>> It only has 42,000 miles on it and it's time to get rid of it. Make me
>> an offer like you know what you're talking about so I can get the new
>> generation on order.

> Jeez, you guys are such "Doom & Gloomers" Look at the bright side. GM did
> away with the ash trays now you don't have to worry about them getting
> filled up <g>
>
> I swear, some folks would complain if they were hanged with a new rope!

I thought the old saying was, "Some people would kick even if they
were hung with a new rope". (?)

Thanks for bringing something positive to a negative news group. Poor
ol spus didn't even want to take a chance to tell us if Bob I had
pointed him to an answer to his problem.

Your experience is certainly assuring -- it would seem that this newsgroup
gives a negative cast to more recent Corvette model. My next door neighbor
has a C4 roadster which he rarely drives. Heck I used my c3s back in my
junior officer days as daily transportation.