Left lane slow pokes now illegal in Illinois!

Old September 18th 04, 04:03 AM
TF

I had the pleasure of driving on highways in France this year and it was so
cool.
No one, not a soul ever, spent more than the time to quickly pass in the
fast lane .
They even managed to figure out three lanes, using slow in right, fast in
middle and pass in left, without a problem.
No body waits on anyone.
TF

"Marty" > wrote in message

> "Diode" > wrote in message
> et...
> > Really. No joke. Here's the article:
> > http://fleetowner.com/ar/fleet_no_left_lane/
> > OK "dave", get the hell out of the left lane or get a ticket. Let's

hope
> > that this law migrates to other states. Bout damn time too...
> > --
> >
> > Shut up, Dave.
> >
> > -|>|- Diode -|<|-
> > '68 L-79 Coupe
> > '79 Triumph Bonneville

> Well,
> Let's see what IL.does with it. The "slowpoke" law has been in effect
> sometime now in MO.
> The history shows that Corvettes,Mustangs et' all are being ticketed for
> speeding.
> Blue Hairs in Lincolns, Caddies, and Mercury Marquis doing 53mph in the

left
> lane in a 70mph zone, nada, Zip, NOTHING!
> I welcome any verifiable truth to the contrary.
>
> In defense of the IL.Troopers I will say that I got pulled over by one.
> After some banter, I said "everyone was speeding" he said "Yea,but you

were

Old September 18th 04, 04:04 AM
TF

A osted speed means you are supposed to drive at that speed.
That's why is says SPEED, not SPEED LIMIT DOH!

Old September 18th 04, 04:04 AM
TF

Old September 18th 04, 08:55 PM
Virgil Hilts

That is correct..just get over to the right when you can't pass DOH!

Old September 18th 04, 08:55 PM
Virgil Hilts

That is correct..just get over to the right when you can't pass DOH!

Old September 19th 04, 12:13 AM
Tedd Riggs

That sure would be welcome ! I loved it when I lived in Germany and that
was very strictly enforced as was someone on your right side passing....fast
ticket time. Now if they could get the HOV laws standardized. Most of our
roads that have a HOV lane is HOV-2 (or motorcycle) a few are HOV-3 and they
vary as to some are far left lane and some are far right...and then others
are HOV only during certain hours, so it tends to be a bit of a guessing
game at times. At least the Speed Limit on most Washington Interstates are
70 mph, so that helps.
Thanks Diode !
Tedd

--
Tedd Riggs
Redmond, WA

Old September 19th 04, 12:13 AM
Tedd Riggs

Old September 19th 04, 12:18 AM
I-zheet M'drurz

We need a law for "All Lane Impatient Pompous Ass Jerkoffs" who
feel they have a God-given right to go faster than everybody
else, no matter if the rest of the world is already doing
Speed Limit+.

Personally, I think there should be no civil or criminal
penalty for slamming your brake pedal to the floor and either
ejecting them about 50 yards down the road or decapitating
them with their own hood (depending on whether they're
wearing their seat belts.)

Have a nice day.

--
The real Tom Pendergast [ So if you meet me, have some courtesy,
aka I-zheet M'drurz [ have some sympathy, and some taste.

Old September 19th 04, 02:10 AM
Rufio

Also, having driven across the country a few times, I've found HOV lanes
that are full time & others that are select hours only - but different hours
in different states !

As for speed limits - most rural freeways in AZ are either 65 or 75. But
there was talk of raising the Phoenix-Tucson section of I-10 to 80 or 85 -
don't know why, as speed is not the problem. The problem is traffic density,
which results in slower vehicles, doing about 50 PASSING even slower
vehicles & causing a 3 mile back up. They don't need an 85 limit (most folks
do 90, given the chance - what they need is 3 lanes. But that would cost
more than changing the speed limit signs. Shame really, because the longer
they wait to do this, the more urban sprawl will raise the price of the
desert land, between the 2 cities :-(