2004 stored outside

Old March 13th 13, 04:50 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
ralphee

Default 2004 stored outside

I sold my 00 convertible last year. Why. no clue. anyway. I picked out a 2004 coupe with 18K miles. it is from my neighborhood. price is $21K (sold mine for 20K) anyway. This car was kept outside. They showed me a cover, but I think it was not covered.

Does it matter if the care was not covered and kept outside. rotors are rusty. car paint is.... well it is pretty perfect. the targa molding is a bit dry.

So is there anything I should look for or a real downside to an outside stored car.

by the way. last car was a closet queen. I did not drive it and thats why I sold it. Now I am getting a car and damnit. .I am going to drive it.

Not sure if I will miss the convertible. but the glss top has some plus points as well.

Ralph
Old March 13th 13, 10:15 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
tww1491

"ralphee" wrote in message

I sold my 00 convertible last year. Why. no clue. anyway. I picked out a
2004 coupe with 18K miles. it is from my neighborhood. price is $21K (sold
mine for 20K) anyway. This car was kept outside. They showed me a cover,
but I think it was not covered.

Does it matter if the care was not covered and kept outside. rotors are
rusty. car paint is.... well it is pretty perfect. the targa molding is a
bit dry.

So is there anything I should look for or a real downside to an outside
stored car.

by the way. last car was a closet queen. I did not drive it and thats why I
sold it. Now I am getting a car and damnit. .I am going to drive it.

Not sure if I will miss the convertible. but the glss top has some plus
points as well.

Ralph

If you don't drive it, someone else will sooner or later. Enjoy life while
you can.

Old July 22nd 13, 02:32 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Blue C5

I love my 2000 Convertible. Lots of trunk space, fully loaded with all the options. I went out looking at the C5 and decided it wasn't worth the change - except for the short throw shifter.