Texas to open toll road with 85MPH speed limit...

Old September 7th 12, 06:39 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_8_]

Default Texas to open toll road with 85MPH speed limit...

Ref: http://www.cnbc.com/id/48940111

41 mile stretch of toll road east of San Antonio between San Antonio and Austin to have 85MPH speed limit.

Eat ****, "Criminal drivers murder 35000 'americans' (sic) a year." EAT ****! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!
Old September 8th 12, 05:11 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Loaded Goat

On 9/7/2012 11:39 AM, necromancer wrote:
> Ref: http://www.cnbc.com/id/48940111
>
> 41 mile stretch of toll road east of San Antonio between San Antonio and Austin to have 85MPH speed limit.
>
> Eat ****, "Criminal drivers murder 35000 'americans' (sic) a year." EAT ****! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!

85 is no biggie. Average speed on many roads with good conditions 90 is
average speed or some higher. So long as they stay off the cellphone or
are not reading a book.
This instance is an attempt to pay the developer for the toll road.
Toll roads should be outlawed in America. They are not American. Neither
is privatization of any of our infrastructure.

Old September 8th 12, 04:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Harry K

On Sep 7, 9:11*pm, Loaded Goat > wrote:
> On 9/7/2012 11:39 AM, necromancer wrote:> Ref:http://www.cnbc.com/id/48940111
>
> > 41 mile stretch of toll road east of San Antonio between San Antonio and Austin to have 85MPH speed limit.

> > Eat ****, "Criminal drivers murder 35000 'americans' (sic) a year." EAT ****! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!

> 85 is no biggie. Average speed on many roads with good conditions 90 is
> average speed or some higher. So long as they stay off the cellphone or
> are not reading a book.
> This instance is an attempt to pay *the developer for the toll road.
> Toll roads should be outlawed in America. They are not American. Neither
> is privatization of any of our infrastructure.

Toll roads were common back in the early days of the country and still
are today.

Harry K
Old September 9th 12, 07:05 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

On Sep 7, 1:39*pm, necromancer > wrote:
> Ref:http://www.cnbc.com/id/48940111
>
> 41 mile stretch of toll road east of San Antonio between San Antonio and Austin to have 85MPH speed limit.

""On any road, drivers hold the key to safety based on traffic, travel
conditions and the capabilities of their own vehicles," Lippincott
said."

That's true, but the operator has a duty to post a minimum limit and
enforce it with equal or greater attention.

Motorists need to expect speed enforcement might increase around exit
areas since after driving 85 or better for a time leads to 65 feeling
like 20.
-----

- gpsman
Old September 9th 12, 08:56 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Tom $herman (-_-)

On 9/9/2012 1:05 PM, gpsman wrote:
> On Sep 7, 1:39�pm, necromancer > wrote:
>> Ref:http://www.cnbc.com/id/48940111
>>
>> 41 mile stretch of toll road east of San Antonio between San Antonio and Austin to have 85MPH speed limit.

> ""On any road, drivers hold the key to safety based on traffic, travel
> conditions and the capabilities of their own vehicles," Lippincott
> said."
>
> That's true, but the operator has a duty to post a minimum limit and
> enforce it with equal or greater attention.
>[...]

In Illinois, they reduce the speed limit to 45 mph in construction zones
on controlled access roads, while still keeping the 45 mph minimum speed
posted. Would be real easy to issue tickets for a very minor speed
variations, eh?

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
Post Free or Die!
Old September 12th 12, 05:28 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Car Crashes Mean Car Sales - GM loves highway criminals

On Sep 7, 11:39*am, necromancer > wrote:
> Ref:http://www.cnbc.com/id/48940111
>
> 41 mile stretch of toll road east of San Antonio between San Antonio and Austin to have 85MPH speed limit.
>
> Eat ****, "Criminal drivers murder 35000 'americans' (sic) a year." EAT ****! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!

Next these psychopath texicans will legalize drunk driving. Texicans
love killing.