Cities disguising speed cameras as mailboxes to catch deadly speeders

Old August 22nd 12, 04:26 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.guns,alt.politics
Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year

Default Cities disguising speed cameras as mailboxes to catch deadly speeders

The loony libertarians says this is all about revenue and that's fine
with me. I like seeing criminals pay, esp killers. I say increase the
fines 10-fold. I'm no criminal coddler.

http://12160.info/photo/speed-camera...like-mailboxes

August 20, 2012 at 7:36pm

WASHINGTON - Most people don't notice a mobile speed camera until they
see a flash in the rearview mirror and realize they've been caught.

Local governments are availing themselves of new mobile speed cameras
that resemble mailboxes as effective and profitable ways to slow
drivers down.

Prince George's County has quadrupled its supply of speed cameras over
the past year, The Examiner reports.

Prince George's County expects to bring in $8 million in 2012, with a
whopping $28 million in 2013
__________________

Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals
put together!

NAACP = Negro Affirmative Action, Caucasian Persecution
Old August 22nd 12, 05:29 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.guns,alt.politics
Liberals are vermin

They'd stop more deaths if they'd use more red-light cameras.
Old August 22nd 12, 07:10 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.guns,alt.politics
Bill Graham

Liberals are VERMIN wrote:
> They'd stop more deaths if they'd use more red-light cameras.

They are unconstitutional, because you can't be faced by your accuser in
court. I got a ticket for not stoppoing on red before I made a right turn. I
had just stopped and seen that it was clear to go, but the light was yellow,
and turned red the instant I started to go, so the machine said that I
turned right without stopping. It is legal here to stop, and see that it is
clear to go, and then make a right turn, whether the light is green, yellow,
or red. So if you stop, see thast it is clear to go, and then turn right, it
doesn't matter what color the light is, right? So why even look at the
light, right? Well, that ain't good enough for those machines. This also
happened to a friend of mine who plays the drums in our community band.
These tickets cost us $275 each.... Just little enough so it would be
impractical for us to waste a half day sitting around in a courtroom waiting
our turn to try to talk some ass hole judege out of making $275 for the
city.....

Old August 22nd 12, 10:24 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.guns,alt.politics
Jay Herblock

On Aug 21, 11:26*pm, "Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year"
> wrote:
> Cities disguising speed cameras as mailboxes to catch deadly speeders

And so we sit as the police state they are building for us becomes
aver more totalitarian.
Old August 22nd 12, 04:34 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.guns,alt.politics

On Aug 22, 12:10*am, "Bill Graham" > wrote:
> Liberals are VERMIN wrote:
> > They'd stop more deaths if they'd use more red-light cameras.

> They are unconstitutional, because you can't be faced by your accuser in
> court.

Speeding is generally classified as an infraction not a misdemeanor or
felony. Since there is non possibility of jail time, the
govt says you are not really charged with a crime and criminal
protections do not apply.
Old August 22nd 12, 04:35 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.guns,alt.politics

On Aug 22, 3:24*am, Jay Herblock > wrote:
> On Aug 21, 11:26*pm, "Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year"
>
> > wrote:
> > Cities disguising speed cameras as mailboxes to catch deadly speeders

> And so we sit as the police state they are building for us becomes
> aver more totalitarian.

Stopping people from harming others is what govt is for. Stop with
that silly "nanny state" nonsense.
Old August 22nd 12, 07:13 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.guns,alt.politics
Brent[_4_]

On 2012-08-22, Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year > wrote:
> On Aug 22, 3:24*am, Jay Herblock > wrote:
>> On Aug 21, 11:26*pm, "Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year"
>>
>> > wrote:
>> > Cities disguising speed cameras as mailboxes to catch deadly speeders

>> And so we sit as the police state they are building for us becomes
>> aver more totalitarian.

> Stopping people from harming others is what govt is for. Stop with
> that silly "nanny state" nonsense.

So why haven't you stopped spewing nanny state nonsense?

Old August 22nd 12, 07:14 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.guns,alt.politics
Jay Herblock

On Aug 22, 11:35*am, "Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year"
> wrote:
> On Aug 22, 3:24*am, Jay Herblock > wrote:
>
> > On Aug 21, 11:26*pm, "Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year"

> > > wrote:
> > > Cities disguising speed cameras as mailboxes to catch deadly speeders

> > And so we sit as the police state they are building for us becomes
> > aver more totalitarian.

> Stopping people from harming others is what govt is for. Stop with
> that silly "nanny state" nonsense.

The whole idea of enforcing reasonable speed limits is obviously a
good idea for any civilization.

However the impulse by societies to 'trick' the public by using
subterfuge is better identified with other rulers such as Joeseph
Stalin who had no moral problem in mass murdering 30 million citizens.
Its a slippery slope.
Old August 23rd 12, 12:02 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.guns,alt.politics
Deadrat

On 8/22/12 5:30 PM, Bill Graham wrote:
<snip/>

> I long for a world where logic is
> supreme and dictates all actions. Unfortunately, I doubt if we will ever
> see it again. (If we ever did see it)

And if we do, you wouldn't be allowed in. Sad, isn't it?

Old August 23rd 12, 02:57 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.guns,alt.politics
Harold Burton

In article >,
"Bill Graham" > wrote:

> Liberals are VERMIN wrote:
> > They'd stop more deaths if they'd use more red-light cameras.

> They are unconstitutional, because you can't be faced by your accuser in
> court.

Bull****. But feel free to cite any court case that decided they were
unconstitutional.