The deal is done!

Old August 20th 12, 07:54 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Alan Baker

Default The deal is done!

The car is mine!

A few photos...

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/23487697@N07/sets/72157631147132016/>

It took most of the day--the previous owner, Scott, is a nice guy, but
fairly chatty--but from starting out at U-Haul at 8am, I had the car in
its new home and the truck and trailer back by about 5pm.

Now, it's all about getting organized--making a list of the hundreds of
little jobs that will need to be done between now and the first race of
next season...

....but I'll probably take one day to bask in just having it.

:-)

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old August 20th 12, 04:37 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Harry K

On Aug 19, 11:54*pm, Alan Baker > wrote:
> The car is mine!
>
> A few photos...
>
> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/23487697@N07/sets/72157631147132016/>
>
> It took most of the day--the previous owner, Scott, is a nice guy, but
> fairly chatty--but from starting out at U-Haul at 8am, I had the car in
> its new home and the truck and trailer back by about 5pm.
>
> Now, it's all about getting organized--making a list of the hundreds of
> little jobs that will need to be done between now and the first race of
> next season...
>
> ...but I'll probably take one day to bask in just having it.
>
> :-)

Nice!! What class is that? I quit following racing a long time ago.

Harry K
Old August 20th 12, 04:49 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Alan Baker

In article
Harry K > wrote:

> On Aug 19, 11:54*pm, Alan Baker > wrote:
> > The car is mine!
> >
> > A few photos...
> >
> > <http://www.flickr.com/photos/23487697@N07/sets/72157631147132016/>
> >
> > It took most of the day--the previous owner, Scott, is a nice guy, but
> > fairly chatty--but from starting out at U-Haul at 8am, I had the car in
> > its new home and the truck and trailer back by about 5pm.
> >
> > Now, it's all about getting organized--making a list of the hundreds of
> > little jobs that will need to be done between now and the first race of
> > next season...
> >
> > ...but I'll probably take one day to bask in just having it.
> >
> > :-)

> Nice!! What class is that? I quit following racing a long time ago.
>
> Harry K

It's a Formula Ford. Not really competitive at with the best in the
class, but good enough for regional racing.

Old August 21st 12, 04:51 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Harry K

On Aug 20, 8:49*am, Alan Baker > wrote:
> In article
> >,
> *Harry K > wrote:
>

> > On Aug 19, 11:54*pm, Alan Baker > wrote:
> > > The car is mine!

> > > A few photos...

> > > <http://www.flickr.com/photos/23487697@N07/sets/72157631147132016/>

> > > It took most of the day--the previous owner, Scott, is a nice guy, but
> > > fairly chatty--but from starting out at U-Haul at 8am, I had the car in
> > > its new home and the truck and trailer back by about 5pm.

> > > Now, it's all about getting organized--making a list of the hundreds of
> > > little jobs that will need to be done between now and the first race of
> > > next season...

> > > ...but I'll probably take one day to bask in just having it.

> > > :-)

> > Nice!! *What class is that? *I quit following racing a long time ago.

> > Harry K

> It's a Formula Ford. Not really competitive at with the best in the
> class, but good enough for regional racing.
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

Thanks. Jusst read up on it. Looks like a fun and fairly reasonable
way to get into the racing gamre.

Harry K
Old August 21st 12, 04:57 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Alan Baker

In article
Harry K > wrote:

> On Aug 20, 8:49*am, Alan Baker > wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> > *Harry K > wrote:

> > > Nice!! *What class is that? *I quit following racing a long time ago.

> > > Harry K

> > It's a Formula Ford. Not really competitive at with the best in the
> > class, but good enough for regional racing.
> >

> Thanks. Jusst read up on it. Looks like a fun and fairly reasonable
> way to get into the racing gamre.
>
> Harry K

That's what I thought when I saw the car.

Frankly, I wasn't really looking to buy a Formula Ford, but after
talking to a bunch of folks, I realized the deal was really good.

It's going to be a challenge to learn everything I need to know about
the care and feeding of an open wheel race car, but I'm really looking
forward to the experience...

....especially the racing part. :-D

Old August 21st 12, 04:02 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Harry K

On Aug 20, 8:57*pm, Alan Baker > wrote:
> In article
> >,
> *Harry K > wrote:
>

> > On Aug 20, 8:49*am, Alan Baker > wrote:
> > > In article

> > > It's a Formula Ford. Not really competitive at with the best in the
> > > class, but good enough for regional racing.

> > Thanks. Jusst read up on it. *Looks like a fun and fairly reasonable
> > way to get into the racing gamre.

> > Harry K

> That's what I thought when I saw the car.
>
> Frankly, I wasn't really looking to buy a Formula Ford, but after
> talking to a bunch of folks, I realized the deal was really good.
>
> It's going to be a challenge to learn everything I need to know about
> the care and feeding of an open wheel race car, but I'm really looking
> forward to the experience...
>
> ...especially the racing part. :-D
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

Good luck and best wishes for success. Keep us updated on your
progress with it bothon and off the track.

Harry K