WTF!!! - Special license plates shield officials from traffic tickets

Old April 8th 08, 07:44 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default WTF!!! - Special license plates shield officials from traffic tickets

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/d...ntial-2011354-
program-records

Special license plates shield officials from traffic tickets

THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

It's 1:45 p.m. on a Wednesday in February and a Toyota Camry is driving
west on the 91 Express Lanes, for free, for the 470th time.

The electronic transponder on the dashboard – used to bill tollway users
– is inactive. The Camry's owners, airport traffic officer Rudolph
Duplessis and his wife, Loretta, have never had a toll road account,
officials say.

They've never received a violation notice in the mail, either. Their car
is registered as part of a state program which hides their home address
on Department of Motor Vehicles records. The agency that operates the
tollway does not have legal access to their address.

Their Toyota is one of 996,716 vehicles registered to motorists who are
affiliated with 1,800 state and local agencies and who are allowed to
shield their addresses under the Confidential Records Program.

An Orange County Register investigation has found that the program,
designed 30 years ago to protect police from criminals, has been expanded
to cover hundreds of thousands of public employees – from police
dispatchers to museum guards – who face little threat from the public.
Their spouses and children can get the plates, too.

This has happened despite warnings from state officials that the
safeguard is no longer needed because updated laws have made all DMV
information confidential to the public.

The Register found that the confidential plate program shields these
motorists in ways most of us can only dream about:

(snip)

------------------------------

This is the craziest thing i evr heard of!!!
Old April 8th 08, 12:12 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
SheBlewHimDidYouBlowHim

"richard" > wrote in message
> >------------------------------
>>
>>This is the craziest thing i evr heard of!!!

> Actually not. Many states, if not all, have similar programs.
> That is designed to protect mostly law enforcement officers from being
> an open book to the general public.

their records should be an open book to the public, that way when some pig
****head pulls you over to harass you, if you don't have your gun
immediately with you, you can find out his address and go to his house and
kill the pile of **** later

save america, kill a pig today
death to cops

Old April 8th 08, 12:40 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Elias D

richard wrote:

> In California, it used to be that you could pay 50 cents for the DMV
> records of any vehicle. Great way for a pervert to obtain the
> information on a good looking woman and pay her a visit.

Today you don't have to go to the DMV.

Data miners today are selling broad volumes of info about a large
percentage of the population. Many merchants are now equipped with a
database that includes all kinds of info on you. Some records even
include medical information.

We hear almost daily about laptops going missing with the data of
100's of thousands of people. Ever wonder where all that data ends
up?

Old April 8th 08, 02:53 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
richard

>------------------------------
>
>This is the craziest thing i evr heard of!!!

Actually not. Many states, if not all, have similar programs.
That is designed to protect mostly law enforcement officers from being
an open book to the general public. When an officer is stopped by
another officer, his information is just not available.

In California, it used to be that you could pay 50 cents for the DMV
records of any vehicle. Great way for a pervert to obtain the
information on a good looking woman and pay her a visit.

In today's high tech and mobile society, getting such records is only
to easy by anyone with the proper tools. But I don't see where certain
non-law enforcement people would even need such protection let alone
get away without having to pay tolls. In most electronic toll systems,
in order to get the transponder, you have to include the vehicle
information. So the toll road people wouldn't need DMV.

Old April 8th 08, 04:31 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking

On Apr 8, 7:53 am, richard > wrote:
> >------------------------------

> >This is the craziest thing i evr heard of!!!

> Actually not. Many states, if not all, have similar programs.
> That is designed to protect mostly law enforcement officers from being
> an open book to the general public.

But they should be an open book. Cops should be worried that if they
frame some innocent person, then that person may come for them.
Old April 8th 08, 04:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking

On Apr 8, 8:01 am, Scott in SoCal > wrote:

> Don't expect this to contnue much longer.
>
> The last time the Register broke a story like this (where traffic
> citations were being outsourced to a company in Mexico, raising the
> spectre of large-scale identity theft) the change came within a couple
> of weeks (traffic tickets are now processed in Nevada or something).
>
> Look for this little loophole to be closed VERY soon.

You're a lying yellow dog. Nothing's gonna change cause our govt is
made up of a bunch of corrupt psychopaths.
Old April 8th 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
necromancer[_4_]

SFB spewed:

>http://www.ocregister.com/articles/d...ntial-2011354-
>program-records

<< snip article >>

>This is the craziest thing i evr heard of!!!

You're behind the times, like usual, SFB.

And why does this revelation of government privledge in america (sic)
surprise you? BTW, the way you like to run tolls, I would have figured
you would find a way to weasel your way onto the list.

--
Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS admits to
being a toll cheat and running the toll booths

"Now that is really stupid. Tolls are nothing but
taxes meaninglegalized stealing. You govt shills
are pathetic."

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/34ly8q
Message ID:
Old April 8th 08, 11:38 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Bo Raxo[_2_]

"Scott in SoCal" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 01:44:10 -0500, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
> MURDERERS" > wrote:
>
>>http://www.ocregister.com/articles/d...ntial-2011354-
>>program-records
>>
>>Special license plates shield officials from traffic tickets

> Don't expect this to contnue much longer.
>
> The last time the Register broke a story like this (where traffic
> citations were being outsourced to a company in Mexico, raising the
> spectre of large-scale identity theft) the change came within a couple
> of weeks (traffic tickets are now processed in Nevada or something).
>
> Look for this little loophole to be closed VERY soon.

Nope, won't happen. LE would raise a furor, and in California the
endorsements and donation money from cops is a big deal. It's a
longstanding practice, this isn't really news.

Old April 9th 08, 03:38 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking

On Apr 8, 4:38 pm, "Bo Raxo" > wrote:
> "Scott in SoCal" > wrote in messagenews:mhumv3p37jt58ergc2bcaui9ciu5lalsom@4ax .com...
>

> > On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 01:44:10 -0500, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
> > MURDERERS" > wrote:

> >>http://www.ocregister.com/articles/d...ntial-2011354-
> >>program-records

> >>Special license plates shield officials from traffic tickets

> > Don't expect this to contnue much longer.

> > The last time the Register broke a story like this (where traffic
> > citations were being outsourced to a company in Mexico, raising the
> > spectre of large-scale identity theft) the change came within a couple
> > of weeks (traffic tickets are now processed in Nevada or something).

> > Look for this little loophole to be closed VERY soon.

> Nope, won't happen. LE would raise a furor, and in California the
> endorsements and donation money from cops is a big deal. It's a
> longstanding practice, this isn't really news.

According to the article the practice extends to even museum guards
and their family members.!!! You call them cops?
Old April 9th 08, 04:14 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Bo Raxo[_2_]

"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote in
message
> On Apr 8, 4:38 pm, "Bo Raxo" > wrote:
>> "Scott in SoCal" > wrote in
>> messagenews:mhumv3p37jt58ergc2bcaui9ciu5lalsom@4ax .com...

>> > Don't expect this to contnue much longer.

>> > The last time the Register broke a story like this (where traffic
>> > citations were being outsourced to a company in Mexico, raising the
>> > spectre of large-scale identity theft) the change came within a couple
>> > of weeks (traffic tickets are now processed in Nevada or something).

>> > Look for this little loophole to be closed VERY soon.

>> Nope, won't happen. LE would raise a furor, and in California the
>> endorsements and donation money from cops is a big deal. It's a
>> longstanding practice, this isn't really news.

> According to the article the practice extends to even museum guards
> and their family members.!!! You call them cops?

No, that's ridiculous that they get 'em. It should be curtailed, and nobody
should be exempt from tickets for evading tolls.