The 50 most worstest cars.............(0-60 in 32 seconds!)

Old September 9th 07, 04:29 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ken[_9_]

Default The 50 most worstest cars.............(0-60 in 32 seconds!)

http://www.time.com/time/specials/20...0.html?cnn=yes

Or, for the quick tour (making note of #31)

http://www.time.com/time/specials/20...658545,00.html

Ken

Old September 10th 07, 05:47 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Butcher[_2_]

"Ken" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> http://www.time.com/time/specials/20...0.html?cnn=yes
>
> Or, for the quick tour (making note of #31)
>
> http://www.time.com/time/specials/20...658545,00.html
>
> Ken

who reads those f-ing commies anyway...

Butcher
'96 LT-4 CE

Old September 10th 07, 03:13 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
CardsFan

"Butcher" > wrote in message
t...

> "Ken" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> http://www.time.com/time/specials/20...0.html?cnn=yes
>>
>> Or, for the quick tour (making note of #31)
>>
>> http://www.time.com/time/specials/20...658545,00.html
>>
>> Ken
>>

> who reads those f-ing commies anyway...

I do. In another group, I was called a commie for listening to NPR, so I'm
used to it. I also read the Wall Street Journal. Or is that another
personality...I can't keep 'em straight there are so many.

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Old September 10th 07, 04:41 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Sarah Czepiel

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 10:13:00 -0400, "CardsFan" > wrote:

:> In another group, I was called a commie for listening to NPR,

I wouldn't call you a commie but good Lord how do you stay awake
through that yawnfest?
Old September 10th 07, 09:02 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
CardsFan

"Sarah Czepiel" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 10:13:00 -0400, "CardsFan" > wrote:
>
> :> In another group, I was called a commie for listening to NPR,
>
> I wouldn't call you a commie but good Lord how do you stay awake
> through that yawnfest?

I switch to any of various XM stations when they start in on a report that
doesn't interest me. I admit that is not rare in the second half-hour of
"All Things Considered". I find at lot of "Weekend Edition" boring on
Sunday, but not on Saturday. In any case, very little of what they do is of
the 30-second sound bite variety, and I happen to appreciate that.

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Old September 11th 07, 01:56 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Sarah Czepiel

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:02:22 -0400, "CardsFan" > wrote:

:>
:>"Sarah Czepiel" > wrote in message
. ..
:>> On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 10:13:00 -0400, "CardsFan" > wrote:
:>>
:>> :> In another group, I was called a commie for listening to NPR,
:>>
:>> I wouldn't call you a commie but good Lord how do you stay awake
:>> through that yawnfest?
:>
:>I switch to any of various XM stations when they start in on a report that
:>doesn't interest me. I admit that is not rare in the second half-hour of
:>"All Things Considered". I find at lot of "Weekend Edition" boring on
:>Sunday, but not on Saturday. In any case, very little of what they do is of
:>the 30-second sound bite variety, and I happen to appreciate that.
:>
:>AJM
:>'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Cheers and thanks for the honest response. I've never found anything
on NPR could hold my attention for more than 20 seconds and with XM
there is just so many other choices. That said I've found a wonderful
local [Annapolis ] retail outlet for Piloti's so I'm headed that way
this Saturday. Life is good.

Regards, Sarah
Old September 11th 07, 02:29 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Tom in Missouri

When I was in college, I worked at the college radio station, and, lucky me,
I had a shift with NPR. What an exciting time that was. It was kind of the
direct opposite that most of us viewed radio at the time - not long after
the glory days of Johnnie Rabbit and Bruno J. Grunnion which made DJs
celebrities. Darn, trying to remember those on KSHE. Album rock, a new
concept of playing an entire side of an album, not the A or B side of a 45.
Joy in the Morning and Ron somebody, I think. Wow, long time ago.

And then I get this shift, ON THE AIR, that did nothing but put out NPR. I
think I may have fallen asleep more than once. It may have ruined me for
radio, since I took a different direction and didn't continue in radio for a
living. Who knows if that is just as well or not.

Anyway, back to the OP, a lot of cars they picked are funny. I find it hard
to believe that these were the worse cars for the entire years on some they
picked.

As to the '80 Corvette with the 305, they grip about 180 hp 305, but that is
more power than the '75 and equal to the '76 and '77. All out of a gas
miserly 305. Let's face it, none of them in that era were stoplight
dragsters, but the 305 wasn't the worse.

I noticed they are big on picking on the technology-challenged three speed
automatics on several of the cars. These guys need to wake up, three speed
autos were all that anyone had. Overdrives had been tried in the '50 and
early '60s and were a weak link in some and a definite mark of a grandpa in
others. The 700R4 didn't show up until 1982 in Corvette and maybe, that
should be a bad year, seeing the hairy-chested emblem of manhood was stooped
to being an automatic-only vehicle.

And nothing separates the men for the girls more than a manual or automatic
equipped Corvette.

Old September 11th 07, 03:27 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Tom in Missouri" > wrote in message

Snip

>Overdrives had been tried in the '50 and early '60s and were a weak
>link in some and a definite mark of a grandpa in others. The 700R4
>didn't show up until 1982 in Corvette and maybe, that should be a bad
>year, seeing the hairy-chested emblem of manhood was stooped to being
>an automatic-only vehicle.

Actually run an overdrive in my '55 Belair, strip on the weekend and
long distance travel to work during the week, but then I only drove it
155,000 miles. Didn't become a grampa in it but could have become a
dad.

> And nothing separates the men for the girls more than a manual or
> automatic equipped Corvette.

Actually the new automatics will hold their shift while in a hard
corner and shift when you need it coming out at full throttle. Not
driven one yet but may really give the sticks a run for their money.
At our autocross this year I see one of the regulars finally went to
an auto. He and his wife both run quick, she has a handicap, he does
not, both are now near 60. She had a stroke giving birth to one of
their children rendering her right side deformed with limited movement
by at least half. Used to love to watch her get rubber in second out
of the chute shifting with her left arm. The NCCC now allows riders as
long as they are not competing and I've seen some men get out of the
ladies cars just a few shades more white than before they left.

> "Sarah Czepiel" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:02:22 -0400, "CardsFan" > wrote:

Snip
>> Cheers and thanks for the honest response. I've never found
>> anything
>> on NPR could hold my attention for more than 20 seconds and with XM
>> there is just so many other choices. That said I've found a
>> wonderful
>> local [Annapolis ] retail outlet for Piloti's so I'm headed that
>> way
>> this Saturday. Life is good.
>>
>> Regards, Sarah

Not sure if the radios work in my Corvettes, quit listening to them in
the '70s when so much trash that was labeled music came on stream.
Only news fit to hears is road conditions and I can't change that
anymore than I can any of the other events in the news. It all reminds
me of "white noise" but most is not that color anymore.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old September 11th 07, 05:56 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ken[_9_]

On Sep 11, 6:29 am, "Tom in Missouri" > wrote:

> Anyway, back to the OP, a lot of cars they picked are funny. I find it hard
> to believe that these were the worse cars for the entire years on some they
> picked.
>
> As to the '80 Corvette with the 305, they grip about 180 hp 305, but that is
> more power than the '75 and equal to the '76 and '77. All out of a gas
> miserly 305. Let's face it, none of them in that era were stoplight
> dragsters, but the 305 wasn't the worse.
>
> I noticed they are big on picking on the technology-challenged three speed
> automatics on several of the cars. These guys need to wake up, three speed
> autos were all that anyone had. Overdrives had been tried in the '50 and
> early '60s and were a weak link in some and a definite mark of a grandpa in
> others. The 700R4 didn't show up until 1982 in Corvette and maybe, that
> should be a bad year, seeing the hairy-chested emblem of manhood was stooped
> to being an automatic-only vehicle.
>
> And nothing separates the men for the girls more than a manual or automatic
> equipped Corvette.

Actually was surprised that any Corvettes made the list.
Expected the likes of the Edsel, the Aztek, and some British POS's but
even Ferarri made the cut...K

Old September 11th 07, 08:20 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ric Seyler[_2_]

Sarah Czepiel wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:02:22 -0400, "CardsFan" > wrote:
>
>:>
>:>"Sarah Czepiel" > wrote in message
>:>> On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 10:13:00 -0400, "CardsFan" > wrote:
>:>>
>:>> :> In another group, I was called a commie for listening to NPR,
>:>>
>:>> I wouldn't call you a commie but good Lord how do you stay awake
>:>> through that yawnfest?
>:>
>:>I switch to any of various XM stations when they start in on a report that
>:>doesn't interest me. I admit that is not rare in the second half-hour of
>:>"All Things Considered". I find at lot of "Weekend Edition" boring on
>:>Sunday, but not on Saturday. In any case, very little of what they do is of
>:>the 30-second sound bite variety, and I happen to appreciate that.
>:>
>:>AJM
>:>'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)
>
>Cheers and thanks for the honest response. I've never found anything
>on NPR could hold my attention for more than 20 seconds and with XM
>there is just so many other choices. That said I've found a wonderful
>local [Annapolis ] retail outlet for Piloti's so I'm headed that way
>this Saturday. Life is good.
>
>Regards, Sarah

I like, "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me"
"World Cafe"
"All Things Considered"
"Prarie Home Companion" from time to time.

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove –SPAM- from email address
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Corvette Z06 - 0 to 200 mph in 48 seconds Spud Corvette 8 July 31st 07 08:41 AM
10 Seconds Z˙RiX Corvette 9 November 8th 05 02:28 PM
TURN $15,000 INTO $6 IN 30 SECONDS James Goforth Dodge 3 October 27th 05 11:04 PM
Shaker 500 seems to cut off the last few seconds of each track.?? [email protected] Ford Mustang 4 September 24th 05 04:30 AM
car starts runs 5-10 seconds terry l demerchant Chrysler 5 May 10th 05 08:08 PM