Dude threatens to call 911 because I "didn't yield" to him!

Old October 6th 12, 12:08 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Dude threatens to call 911 because I "didn't yield" to him!

Harry K: "I think we need to wait for the next upgrade to the decoder rings. "

LOL! Heaven help us.
Old October 6th 12, 01:36 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Alan Baker

In article
gpsman > wrote:

> On Oct 5, 5:00*pm, wrote:
> > gps wrote: "- show quoted text -
> >
> > That is not what I wrote. *Try again, if you care to:
> >
> > "... if you'd been doing 55 you'd probably have been going too slow
> > *to attract the bumper refuse in the first place." "
> >
> > Let me ask you something: *Are you familiar with Donald Rumsfeld?
> > Because what you said above makes about as much sense as
> > what came out of his mouth some times! *smFh...
> >
> > Anyone else get what this cat is saying - or trying to?

> Try looking at it from another angle:
>
> Why did you choose... "an astonishing SIX miles per hour"... over the
> SL, instead of the SL...?
> -----
>
> - gpsman

Nope.

Let's stick to the subject at hand:

Why would going just 6 mph slower mean that the following driver would
have decided not to tailgate?

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old October 6th 12, 03:15 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Alan joined in the gpsmania by asking: "In article

> - gpsman

Nope.

Let's stick to the subject at hand:

Why would going just 6 mph slower mean that the following driver would
have decided not to tailgate?

--
Alan Baker "

Ohh ****. Thahr be TWO o' them!

Harry, anyone - can you decipher their logic??
Old October 6th 12, 04:28 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_8_]

On Friday, October 5, 2012 5:00:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> gps wrote: "- show quoted text -

<< snip gpstroll's screed >>

> Let me ask you something: Are you familiar with Donald Rumsfeld?
>
> Because what you said above makes about as much sense as
>
> what came out of his mouth some times! smFh...
>

> Anyone else get what this cat is saying - or trying to?

Yeah: he's trolling you...
Old October 6th 12, 04:54 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Harry K

On Oct 5, 3:21*pm, gpsman > wrote:
> On Oct 5, 5:00*pm, wrote:
>
> > gps wrote: "- show quoted text -

> > That is not what I wrote. *Try again, if you care to:

> > "... if you'd been doing 55 you'd probably have been going too slow
> > *to attract the bumper refuse in the first place." "

> > Let me ask you something: *Are you familiar with Donald Rumsfeld?
> > Because what you said above makes about as much sense as
> > what came out of his mouth some times! *smFh...

> > Anyone else get what this cat is saying - or trying to?

> Try looking at it from another angle:
>
> Why did you choose... "an astonishing SIX miles per hour"... over the
> SL, instead of the SL...?
> *-----
>
> - gpsman

A more cogent question would be: "why would one choose to drive the
SL when the flow is always higher? ( unless the traffic is very
congested).

Harry K
Old October 6th 12, 11:56 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

On Oct 5, 7:05*pm, wrote:
> gps brought up several unknown unknowns in "On Oct 5, 5:
>
> Try looking at it from another angle:
>
> Why did you choose... "an astonishing SIX miles per hour"... over the
> SL, instead of the SL...?
>
> When was the last time you saw ANYONE doing the psl ANYWHERE, even inclement weather??

A little after midnight EDT this morning. You can search this group
for "LLB" to find numerous reports of motorists complying with speed
limits (and not crashing).

> I did just over 60 because everyone else was doing 70 in the RH hand lane and 80 in the LH lane! *Does that satisfy you?

Yes. It's rare for me to get a straight answer to a simple question
here.

> YOU try going posted 55 on the Merritt and see what happens. *I'll keep my eye on the papers for you.

So... 61 is safe, 55 is certain to result in a crash...

I thought you were being sarcastic, but I don't think anyone can deny
yours is an astonishing 6 mph.
-----

- gpsman
Old October 6th 12, 12:38 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Gps: reread my o.p. and try to determine what lane of rt 15 I was doing 61mph in. I stated it pretty obviously.
Old October 6th 12, 01:29 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

On Oct 6, 7:38*am, wrote:
> Gps: reread my o.p. and try to determine what lane of rt 15 I was doing 61mph in. *I stated it pretty obviously.

Why don't you read mine, then respond relevantly...?
-----

- gpsman
Old October 6th 12, 01:56 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Forget it gps.

It's unfortunate that more "HarryK"s or other thinking folks haven't chimed in here.
Old October 6th 12, 03:09 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

On Oct 6, 8:56*am, wrote:
> Forget it gps.

Fascinating rebuttal.

> It's unfortunate that more "HarryK"s or other thinking folks haven't chimed in here.

You had nitwit Baker, who knows no less than Harry, on your side,
until you failed to comprehend his response.

People don't like to comply with speed limits. Operating at the speed
limit will often if not usually deter anyone even taking a position to
your rear, and if it doesn't dropping a few mph will almost always
deter tailgating. IME.

There's something about motor vehicles that seems to render even
intelligent people into morons, even just discussing their operation.

Virtually everyone thinks they're an expert based on a few hours of
education and training which they immediately discard upon being
granted a license for the ****-poor training their parents provided
all during their formative years.

Be careful out there.
-----