Cities disguising speed cameras as mailboxes to catch deadly speeders

Old August 24th 12, 07:21 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_8_]

Default Cities disguising speed cameras as mailboxes to catch deadly speeders

<snip>

**** For Brains is jealous because her beater can't go 30MPH - even on a 6% downgrade with a 29MPH tailwind...

If Judy "**** For Brains" Dairya owns a pet, then the ASPCA needs to be notified...
Old August 24th 12, 04:35 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.guns,alt.politics
RD Sandman[_2_]

"Scout" > wrote in
:

> "Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year"
> > wrote in message
> ..
> .
>> On Aug 23, 1:45 pm, Jay Herblock > wrote:
>>

>>> Does that mean that if you drive 31 in a 30 mph zone that the
>>> government should kill you?
>>>
>>> As to the bigger picture on this entire issue, why do you want to
>>> kill 31mph drivers?

>> Hey stupid. NO one is ticketed for 31 in a 30.

> They can be with a speed camera. Since the camera (and the people who
> set it up) don't care about anything other than revenue.
>
> 1 mile over, is still around $100 when you consider all the
> processing, handling and other fees.

The majority of speed cameras in Arizona are set for about 10 mph over.

--

5 second fuses last about 3 seconds...

Sleep well, tonight.....

RD (The Sandman)
Old August 24th 12, 06:58 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_8_]

**** For brains' silence on this is deafening...
Old August 25th 12, 03:41 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.guns,alt.politics
Harry K

On Aug 23, 8:27*pm, "Scout"
> wrote:
> "Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year" >
> wrote in ...
>
> > On Aug 23, 1:45 pm, Jay Herblock > wrote:

> >> Does that mean that if you drive 31 in a 30 mph zone that the
> >> government should kill you?

> >> As to the bigger picture on this entire issue, why do you want to kill
> >> 31mph drivers?

> > Hey stupid. NO one is ticketed for 31 in a 30.

> They can be with a speed camera. Since the camera (and the people who set it
> up) don't care about anything other than revenue.
>
> 1 mile over, is still around $100 when you consider all the processing,
> handling and other fees.

eagerly awaiting just one cite for someone who has been ticketed for 1
over.

Harry K
Old August 25th 12, 11:06 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Next time you're tooling along at 85 in a 65 and you see a lone Port-a-San by the side of the highway bells should start ringing in your head.
Old August 25th 12, 11:06 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Old August 27th 12, 03:25 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.guns,alt.politics
Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year

On Aug 23, 9:27*pm, "Scout"
> wrote:
> "Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year" >
> wrote in ...
>
> > On Aug 23, 1:45 pm, Jay Herblock > wrote:

> >> Does that mean that if you drive 31 in a 30 mph zone that the
> >> government should kill you?

> >> As to the bigger picture on this entire issue, why do you want to kill
> >> 31mph drivers?

> > Hey stupid. NO one is ticketed for 31 in a 30.

> They can be with a speed camera. Since the camera (and the people who set it
> up) don't care about anything other than revenue.
>
> 1 mile over, is still around $100 when you consider all the processing,
> handling and other fees.

I'll say it again. Ain't nobody never been ticketed for i mph over.
Old August 27th 12, 04:19 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.guns,alt.politics
Saul[_2_]

On 8/26/2012 7:25 PM, Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year wrote:
> I'll say it again. Ain't nobody never been ticketed for i mph over.

I have.

Old August 27th 12, 04:30 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.guns,alt.politics
Tampa Tommy

"Saul" wrote in message ...

> On 8/26/2012 7:25 PM, Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year
> wrote:
> > I'll say it again. Ain't nobody never been ticketed for i mph over.

> I have.

When Ontario had photo-radar, tickets for 1 kph over the limit were sent out
regularly.

Old August 27th 12, 05:44 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.guns,alt.politics
Scout

wrote in message
> On Aug 23, 9:27 pm, "Scout"
> > wrote:
>> "Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year" >
>> wrote in

>> > Hey stupid. NO one is ticketed for 31 in a 30.

>> They can be with a speed camera. Since the camera (and the people who set
>> it
>> up) don't care about anything other than revenue.
>>
>> 1 mile over, is still around $100 when you consider all the processing,
>> handling and other fees.

> I'll say it again. Ain't nobody never been ticketed for i mph over.

"The proper answer is yes-----and maybe. In most areas, it would be no, but,
if you are in a school zone, you can get a ticket for anything the officer
dreams up. Case in point, when we lived in San Diego and my wife went to
pick up our daughter at Jr. High school, she did indeed get a ticket for
going 1 mile per hour over the speed limit."

http://www.webanswers.com/automobile...d-limit-c37c44

So, yes, you can get a ticket for one mile over. Cops can be really strict
when it comes to school zones, and judges aren't likely to throw it out in a
school zone. I've known someone to get a ticket for 3 miles over in a
Construction zone, and another for doing so on a residential street posted
with the "enhanced fines". Specifically the $200 fine above and beyond the
speeding ticket. For a bit a local town was supplementing their income by
strict enforcement on those streets until public outrage made them ease off.
However the tickets were issues, and the fines collected. Even today the
enforcement is very strict and doing more than 5 over is an almost certain
ticket.