Eunos Roadster: Catalyser fuse

Old October 12th 06, 07:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Eric Baber

Default Eunos Roadster: Catalyser fuse

Quite some time ago I found out that the Eunos Roadsters have a fuse on the
catalyser which, when burned out (through overheating the cat for example)
causes the Engine Overheat light to go on. I'm now trying to find out more
information about this again, namely how to replace it. However, I have no
idea where I found out about this anymore and can't find the info anywhere -
can anyone help?

Thanks

Eric

Old October 12th 06, 05:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck

From what I remember of the US car models that had this feature (quite
awhile ago in the pre OBD days), the cat was assumed to be clogged, and thus
replacement was needed.

Old October 13th 06, 09:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Eric Baber

"Chuck" > wrote in message
> From what I remember of the US car models that had this feature (quite
> awhile ago in the pre OBD days), the cat was assumed to be clogged, and
> thus
> replacement was needed.

In my case that's not the case - the cat itself is fine, it's just the fuse
that's blown. I'm trying to figure out how to replace it.

Eric

Old October 13th 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck

What caused the cat to overheat?
Can you obtain access to the "blown fuse"?
Chances are that it grounded a sense wire, possibly thru some small
resistance.

Old October 16th 06, 10:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Eric Baber

> What caused the cat to overheat?

Irregular firing due to old ignition cables. This happened a couple of years
ago and I've just been living with the fact that the fuse went and that the
Engine Overheat light has been permanently on as a result. I thought I'd get
it fixed now, though, for no particular reason.

> Can you obtain access to the "blown fuse"?

Haven't crawled underneath yet.

Eric

Old October 19th 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Zog The Undeniable

Eric Baber wrote:

> Quite some time ago I found out that the Eunos Roadsters have a fuse on the
> catalyser which, when burned out (through overheating the cat for example)
> causes the Engine Overheat light to go on. I'm now trying to find out more
> information about this again, namely how to replace it. However, I have no
> idea where I found out about this anymore and can't find the info anywhere -
> can anyone help?

Most people just disconnect it to get rid of the HEAT light on the dash.
It doesn't affect the car's operation in any other way, as you
probably know, and they often just get old and fail even thought he cat
is fine.

Problem With Power Outlet clare at snyder.on.ca Dodge 0 March 19th 06 06:34 PM
Eunos fuse box 737flf Mazda 5 February 16th 06 01:43 AM
Geo Metro Fuse locations/discription?? Steve Technology 3 December 18th 05 09:55 PM
Where is fuse for pwr mirrors? Charlie Bress Ford Explorer 1 July 30th 05 01:05 AM
mazda mx5 1991 (eunos roadster) starting problem window Mazda 1 September 9th 04 03:06 AM