Headers

Old July 28th 05, 06:40 AM
Unknown User

Default Headers

Does anyone know where I can get some headers for a 1966 Chrysler New
Yorker? Seems no one makes them due to the close tolerances that exist
within the engine compartment, block, and steering components... Any
ideas???

Mark

Old July 28th 05, 06:59 AM
rob

engine size would help

Old July 28th 05, 11:33 AM
Lefty

Rob, I would think a New Yorker would be available with a 440 *only*,
although 383 may be a possibilty for other C-bodies of that vintage.
Anyway, TTI should be able to fix him up if it's a big block;

http://www.ttiexhaust.com/

http://www.ttiexhaust.com/Header-178.../C6573-178.htm

Mancini is an authorized distributer as well;

http://www.manciniracing.com/

http://store.yahoo.com/chucker54/tti19c44017h.html

HTH, Lefty

Old July 28th 05, 02:08 PM
rob

yeah but never know what some folks have done to it!

news

Old July 28th 05, 03:37 PM
Carl Beyer

In article >,
"Lefty" > wrote:

> Rob, I would think a New Yorker would be available with a 440 *only*,
> although 383 may be a possibilty for other C-bodies of that vintage.
> Anyway, TTI should be able to fix him up if it's a big block;
>
> http://www.ttiexhaust.com/
>
> http://www.ttiexhaust.com/Header-178.../C6573-178.htm
>
> Mancini is an authorized distributer as well;
>
> http://www.manciniracing.com/
>
> http://store.yahoo.com/chucker54/tti19c44017h.html
>
> HTH, Lefty

What about Hooker and the other companies shorty headers? Would they
work?

Carl
My cars history can be seen at http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com/dodgecharger.html
Old July 28th 05, 05:12 PM
Dodge-Him

Guy hear in town had a 68 Newport convert with a 440 headers and
laughing gas that ran twelve's. (65 to 68 Same basic car!!) Had headers
lotso room in those old sleds so most b/body headers would fit I assume!
If I'm out to dads next week I'll get him to pop the hood on his 66 New
Yorker and have a boo!!
Barry A. Lee

Old July 28th 05, 11:35 PM
rob

have a boo? WTF????

Old July 29th 05, 12:52 AM
SMoo

You can also try http://www.jbaracing.com/

They make exhaust kits for every year LeBaron EXCEPT mine! Grrrrr

Old July 29th 05, 02:51 AM
Dodge-Him

Means have a look. Same as saying "have a peak" but from peak as from
peak a boo????
Barry A. Lee

Old July 29th 05, 03:10 AM
rob