Cambelt at 18K

Old May 15th 06, 02:24 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default Cambelt at 18K

I thought that I would treat myself to a new cam belt.
The clock might only have 18K on it but it is fast approaching its
5th birthday. Prevention is cheaper than cure.
Even cheaper when avoiding AR dealers.

Cam belt + all the trimmings
Oil filter and new oil
Check & top all fluids
Roadtest
£317.60 inc

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso
Old May 15th 06, 02:28 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Pete wrote:
> I thought that I would treat myself to a new cam belt.
> The clock might only have 18K on it but it is fast approaching its
> 5th birthday. Prevention is cheaper than cure.
> Even cheaper when avoiding AR dealers.
>
> Cam belt + all the trimmings
> Oil filter and new oil
> Check & top all fluids
> Roadtest
> £317.60 inc
>
> Pete

Where?

Old May 15th 06, 02:33 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

On Mon, 15 May 2006 14:28:47 +0100, " cupra"
>, wrote:

>Pete wrote:
>> I thought that I would treat myself to a new cam belt.
>> The clock might only have 18K on it but it is fast approaching its
>> 5th birthday. Prevention is cheaper than cure.
>> Even cheaper when avoiding AR dealers.
>>
>> Cam belt + all the trimmings
>> Oil filter and new oil
>> Check & top all fluids
>> Roadtest
>> £317.60 inc
>>
>> Pete

>Where?

Sorry.
I took it to a independent I use in South Lincolnshire.
Dave Newby. Bikes, cars, vans. He fixes the lot.

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso
Old May 15th 06, 02:44 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Pete wrote:
> On Mon, 15 May 2006 14:28:47 +0100, " cupra"
> >, wrote:
>
>> Pete wrote:
>>> I thought that I would treat myself to a new cam belt.
>>> The clock might only have 18K on it but it is fast approaching its
>>> 5th birthday. Prevention is cheaper than cure.
>>> Even cheaper when avoiding AR dealers.
>>>
>>> Cam belt + all the trimmings
>>> Oil filter and new oil
>>> Check & top all fluids
>>> Roadtest
>>> £317.60 inc
>>>
>>> Pete

>> Where?
>>

> Sorry.
> I took it to a independent I use in South Lincolnshire.
> Dave Newby. Bikes, cars, vans. He fixes the lot.
>
> Pete

Bit too far for me!

(maybe it's worth having a list of possible independents from personal
experience/recommendations - perhaps in the form of a FAQ link?)

Old May 15th 06, 08:13 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Pete wrote:

> On Mon, 15 May 2006 14:28:47 +0100, " cupra"
> >, wrote:
>
>>Pete wrote:
>>> I thought that I would treat myself to a new cam belt.
>>> The clock might only have 18K on it but it is fast approaching its
>>> 5th birthday. Prevention is cheaper than cure.
>>> Even cheaper when avoiding AR dealers.
>>>
>>> Cam belt + all the trimmings
>>> Oil filter and new oil
>>> Check & top all fluids
>>> Roadtest
>>> £317.60 inc
>>>
>>> Pete

>>Where?
>>

> Sorry.
> I took it to a independent I use in South Lincolnshire.
> Dave Newby. Bikes, cars, vans. He fixes the lot.

Where is he? I get disturbed when my mum's mechanic phones me for advice on
her 75.....

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old May 15th 06, 08:31 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Catman > wrote:

> > Sorry.
> > I took it to a independent I use in South Lincolnshire.
> > Dave Newby. Bikes, cars, vans. He fixes the lot.
> >

> Where is he? I get disturbed when my mum's mechanic phones me for advice on
> her 75.....

My ex tame mechanic in Markyate is brilliant with 75s, on account of him
being a former GTV-6 owner.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL
Old May 15th 06, 08:52 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

SteveH wrote:

> Catman > wrote:
>
>> > Sorry.
>> > I took it to a independent I use in South Lincolnshire.
>> > Dave Newby. Bikes, cars, vans. He fixes the lot.
>> >

>> Where is he? I get disturbed when my mum's mechanic phones me for advice
>> on her 75.....

> My ex tame mechanic in Markyate is brilliant with 75s, on account of him
> being a former GTV-6 owner.

Bit too far for her though.
Old May 15th 06, 08:55 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Catman > wrote:

> SteveH wrote:

> >> Where is he? I get disturbed when my mum's mechanic phones me for advice
> >> on her 75.....

> > My ex tame mechanic in Markyate is brilliant with 75s, on account of him
> > being a former GTV-6 owner.

> Bit too far for her though.

I was kind of assuming she lived somewhere near you, so thought
Lincolnshire might have been a bit far anyway.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL
Old May 15th 06, 09:04 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

On Mon, 15 May 2006 19:13:35 GMT, Catman
>, wrote:

>Where is he? I get disturbed when my mum's mechanic phones me for advice on
>her 75.....

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso
Old May 15th 06, 09:06 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

SteveH wrote:

> Catman > wrote:
>
>> SteveH wrote:

>> > My ex tame mechanic in Markyate is brilliant with 75s, on account of
>> > him being a former GTV-6 owner.

>> Bit too far for her though.

> I was kind of assuming she lived somewhere near you, so thought
> Lincolnshire might have been a bit far anyway.

Nah, I woudn't want here living near here
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

Cambelt tensioner on E30 - 6 MW de Jager BMW 0 September 13th 05 11:06 AM
E30 cambelt broke - why MW de Jager BMW 9 July 1st 05 12:04 PM
156 Cambelt - Help pascal Alfa Romeo 12 June 7th 05 07:35 PM
another 156 cambelt thread... NC Alfa Romeo 15 June 15th 04 11:05 AM
156 2.0TS Cambelt @ 65k colhum1 Alfa Romeo 13 June 10th 04 08:37 PM