New Alpha Romeo Spider owner.. quick question plz...

Old April 20th 06, 11:18 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default New Alpha Romeo Spider owner.. quick question plz...

Hello All.. New to the group and had a quick question to somebody who
owns an Alpha Romeo.. Last week I bought an 87 Alpha Romeo Spider with
39k miles on it, great car and I'm enjoying myself driving around with
the top down. the question I have is what's the top speed on these
cars? I get it to 80 or 90 mph with little problem, but doesn't want to
go much faster. my other car is Benz c230 Kompressor and I can go 130
mph before I feel I have to slow down. not that I'm out to break any
record or anything, just it seem slower than I thought it would be.

Old April 20th 06, 11:21 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

"Cableguy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hello All.. New to the group and had a quick question to somebody who
> owns an Alpha Romeo.. Last week I bought an 87 Alpha Romeo Spider with
> 39k miles on it, great car and I'm enjoying myself driving around with
> the top down. the question I have is what's the top speed on these
> cars? I get it to 80 or 90 mph with little problem, but doesn't want to
> go much faster. my other car is Benz c230 Kompressor and I can go 130
> mph before I feel I have to slow down. not that I'm out to break any
> record or anything, just it seem slower than I thought it would be.

Where can you go faster than 70mph in the UK?

Old April 20th 06, 11:27 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Cableguy > wrote:

> Hello All.. New to the group and had a quick question to somebody who
> owns an Alpha Romeo.. Last week I bought an 87 Alpha Romeo Spider with
> 39k miles on it, great car and I'm enjoying myself driving around with
> the top down. the question I have is what's the top speed on these
> cars? I get it to 80 or 90 mph with little problem, but doesn't want to
> go much faster. my other car is Benz c230 Kompressor and I can go 130
> mph before I feel I have to slow down. not that I'm out to break any
> record or anything, just it seem slower than I thought it would be.

Schools still off?
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL
Old April 20th 06, 11:48 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

In article .com>,
"Cableguy" > wrote:

> Hello All.. New to the group and had a quick question to somebody who
> owns an Alpha Romeo.. Last week I bought an 87 Alpha Romeo Spider with
> 39k miles on it, great car and I'm enjoying myself driving around with
> the top down. the question I have is what's the top speed on these
> cars? I get it to 80 or 90 mph with little problem, but doesn't want to
> go much faster. my other car is Benz c230 Kompressor and I can go 130
> mph before I feel I have to slow down. not that I'm out to break any
> record or anything, just it seem slower than I thought it would be.

First of all its A.L.F.A Romeo (for Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili
or the Lombardian Automobile Manufacturing Company) or just Alfa Romeo,
not ALPHA Romeo. :->

The '87 Spider has about 130 BHP from a 2-liter DOHC 4-cylinder engine
for a top speed of about 112 MPH. The top speed is a trade-off between
acceleration and top end performance. It is possible to change the
rear-end ratio and get a few more MPH out of one (at the expense of 0-60
times), but the drop-head hood (top) isn't very aerodynamic up or down
so I've never seen one even with Twin-Spark motors or other modified
powerplants get much over 120. I've a friend with an '83 spider which
has about 160 BHP from a later Twin-Spark engine that he bought from
Australia. Even with the extra 30 BHP. The car will barely make it past
120 MPH and that takes many miles of flat-out driving to accomplish.

--
George Graves
The health of our society is a direct result of the men
Old April 21st 06, 10:14 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

> First of all its A.L.F.A Romeo (for Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili
> or the Lombardian Automobile Manufacturing Company)

Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili means Lombardian Anonymous
automobile factory :-)

Old February 5th 07, 11:52 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

thats about tops. its only a 2000 cc engine

On 20 Apr 2006 15:18:42 -0700, "Cableguy" > wrote:

>Hello All.. New to the group and had a quick question to somebody who
>owns an Alpha Romeo.. Last week I bought an 87 Alpha Romeo Spider with
>39k miles on it, great car and I'm enjoying myself driving around with
>the top down. the question I have is what's the top speed on these
>cars? I get it to 80 or 90 mph with little problem, but doesn't want to
>go much faster. my other car is Benz c230 Kompressor and I can go 130
>mph before I feel I have to slow down. not that I'm out to break any
>record or anything, just it seem slower than I thought it would be.

quick question ice cube VW water cooled 0 November 15th 04 04:51 AM
Quick Parts Question Rebecca VW air cooled 22 November 3rd 04 08:51 PM
Quick Question Drink Corvette 2 October 9th 04 02:44 PM
Just a quick question about the MAF sensor Pete Alfa Romeo 0 July 16th 04 11:56 AM