New concept tires change color when it is time for a new set of tires.

Old January 9th 13, 02:06 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

Default New concept tires change color when it is time for a new setof tires.

On 01/08/2013 02:26 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:
> On 01/08/2013 07:56 AM, gpsman wrote:

>>> I snipped it because it wasn't relevant.

>> It's relevant to you being full of ****, an unreliable narrator.
>>
>>> We're talking about tread
>>> depth here, not a blowout.

>> They're mutually exclusive...?
>>
>>> The former is significantly more dangerous
>>> than the latter, unless you drive exclusively on dry, clean roads.

>> By your usual measure... whatever pops into your head?
>> -----

> You're driving along in the rain on tires with 2mm or less tread depth
> remaining.
>
> Which is more likely to occur, hydroplaning or a blowout?
>
> (never mind that a simple flat tire results in less pucker factor than a
> good high speed hydroplaning incident.)
>
> show your work.
>
> nate

iow, you're projecting your own lack of competence onto everybody else.

fact is, everybody can see when it's raining, and can drive accordingly.
if, like you, they're not competent to pay attention or drive within
their capacities, it's their own fault.

blowouts can happen any time, and cannot necessarily be anticipated.
they can therefore be significantly more dangerous.

--
fact check required
Old January 10th 13, 05:51 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

On 01/10/2013 10:03 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:
> On 01/08/2013 09:06 PM, jim beam wrote:

>>> You're driving along in the rain on tires with 2mm or less tread depth
>>> remaining.
>>>
>>> Which is more likely to occur, hydroplaning or a blowout?
>>>
>>> (never mind that a simple flat tire results in less pucker factor than a
>>> good high speed hydroplaning incident.)
>>>
>>> show your work.
>>>
>>> nate
>>>

>> iow, you're projecting your own lack of competence onto everybody else.
>>
>> fact is, everybody can see when it's raining, and can drive accordingly.
>> if, like you, they're not competent to pay attention or drive within
>> their capacities, it's their own fault.
>>
>> blowouts can happen any time, and cannot necessarily be anticipated.
>> they can therefore be significantly more dangerous.
>>

> Balls. With bald tires, the possibility of hydroplaning approaches unity
> with increased speed and rainfall. Blowouts are very rare even on badly
> worn tires (that are unsafe to drive on due to hydroplaning risks.)
>
> nate

what part of being able to allow for something you know, and not being
able to for something you don't, is so hard for you understand? is it
the "know" part? [rhetorical] or the "understand" part? [sic]

--
fact check required
Old January 10th 13, 06:03 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 01/08/2013 09:06 PM, jim beam wrote:
> On 01/08/2013 02:26 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:

>>> It's relevant to you being full of ****, an unreliable narrator.

>>> They're mutually exclusive...?

>>> By your usual measure... whatever pops into your head?
>>> -----

>> You're driving along in the rain on tires with 2mm or less tread depth
>> remaining.
>>
>> Which is more likely to occur, hydroplaning or a blowout?
>>
>> (never mind that a simple flat tire results in less pucker factor than a
>> good high speed hydroplaning incident.)
>>
>> show your work.
>>
>> nate
>>

> iow, you're projecting your own lack of competence onto everybody else.
>
> fact is, everybody can see when it's raining, and can drive accordingly.
> if, like you, they're not competent to pay attention or drive within
> their capacities, it's their own fault.
>
> blowouts can happen any time, and cannot necessarily be anticipated.
> they can therefore be significantly more dangerous.

Balls. With bald tires, the possibility of hydroplaning approaches
unity with increased speed and rainfall. Blowouts are very rare even on
badly worn tires (that are unsafe to drive on due to hydroplaning risks.)

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old January 10th 13, 07:48 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
gpsman

On Jan 10, 1:03*pm, Nate Nagel > wrote:
> With bald tires, the possibility of hydroplaning approaches
> unity with increased speed and rainfall. *Blowouts are very rare even on
> badly worn tires (that are unsafe to drive on due to hydroplaning risks.)

So... these many "literally bald tires" that you claim "shock" you...
you find them on "fairly nice" vehicles at crash sites...?
-----

- gpsman
Old January 11th 13, 05:35 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 01/10/2013 02:48 PM, gpsman wrote:
> On Jan 10, 1:03 pm, Nate Nagel > wrote:
>> With bald tires, the possibility of hydroplaning approaches
>> unity with increased speed and rainfall. Blowouts are very rare even on
>> badly worn tires (that are unsafe to drive on due to hydroplaning risks.)

> So... these many "literally bald tires" that you claim "shock" you...
> you find them on "fairly nice" vehicles at crash sites...?
> -----
>
> - gpsman

I'm not in the habit of stopping when other people crash unless I'm an
actual witness, but ockham's razor suggests that that might be a
contributing factor, especially in crashes that occur in the wet.

nate

Old January 11th 13, 05:54 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

On 01/11/2013 02:59 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:
> On 01/11/2013 03:40 PM, gpsman wrote:

>>> I'm not in the habit of stopping when other people crash unless I'm an
>>> actual witness, but ockham's razor suggests that that might be a
>>> contributing factor, especially in crashes that occur in the wet.

>> I guess the whooshing doesn't register anymore.

> Clearly, you're trying to make some sort of point, but as usual, you're
> wrong.
>
> nate

if he's wrong, that must mean that you /do/ hear the "whooshing" noise
as the point flies over your head!

but what would we expect from nate "it's raining but i'm not slowing
down on my kojak tires, i'm going to keep going and then blame the
weather" idiot nagel. just like when you blame us for pointing out when
you've said something even more really incredibly stoooooopid than normal.

--
fact check required
Old January 11th 13, 08:40 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
gpsman

Old January 11th 13, 10:59 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Old January 12th 13, 01:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
gpsman

On Jan 11, 5:59*pm, Nate Nagel > wrote:
> On 01/11/2013 03:40 PM, gpsman wrote:

> >> I'm not in the habit of stopping when other people crash unless I'm an
> >> actual witness, but ockham's razor suggests that that might be a
> >> contributing factor, especially in crashes that occur in the wet.

> > I guess the whooshing doesn't register anymore.

> Clearly, you're trying to make some sort of point, but as usual, you're
> wrong.

The point was you didn't get the point; you're not finding your
literally bald tires on crashed vehicles.

Why don't you delay contesting who is wrong by returning to
substantiating your assertion that hydroplaning is more dangerous than
a blowout due to probability of occurrence...?
-----

- gpsman
Old January 12th 13, 01:52 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

In article >, jim beam > wrote:
>but what would we expect from nate "it's raining but i'm not slowing
>down on my kojak tires, i'm going to keep going and then blame the
>weather" idiot nagel. just like when you blame us for pointing out when
>you've said something even more really incredibly stoooooopid than normal.

I hate to tell you this, Jim, but a lot of people actually do that. A
co-worker of mine wrecked his jeep that way. I think you'd be shocked
at how badly a vehicle can be handling before typical drivers notice.
--scott