'99 A6 passenger window problem

Old June 12th 07, 09:29 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dale Webler

Default '99 A6 passenger window problem

I have the same problem with a 99 A6Q. I think I've seen in previous posts
that the window rails need to be lubed at the least. At worst motor must be
replaced. Requires opening the door panel to access the interior of the
window well. Not for the faint of heart (read not mechanical minded). Time
consuming also (read as expensive for shop). How badly do you need the
window to operate?

ervers.com...

Old June 13th 07, 10:06 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Chris Bartram

Andy wrote:
> I had the front passenger side window act up on me today on our '99 A6
> Avant. When I went to close it, it went up very slowly and stopped about
> 3/4 of the way up. I lowered it and tried again w/ similar results. I
> then raised it and 'helped' it by pressing out and upward on the glass
> w/ it closing completely. At the time this occurred I did not hear any
> strange noises or anything else unusual.
> Any BTDT?
> Thanks

Have a look here.

http://www.piglet-net.net/tech/cars/a3-window.html

This is the repair on my A3, but the A6 is very similar- I got the part
number from an A6 owner.

There is a small plastic clip that breaks.
Old June 13th 07, 11:28 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dale Webler

Well...it's not quite a new motor replacement, but this is well beyond my
mechanical/patience level. That's why I asked "how badly do you need the
window to work?:. Thanks for the process details and pictures.

Old June 14th 07, 08:40 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Chris Bartram

Dale Webler wrote:
> Well...it's not quite a new motor replacement, but this is well beyond my
> mechanical/patience level. That's why I asked "how badly do you need the
> window to work?:. Thanks for the process details and pictures.

It's really not that hard. Took a couple of hours the first time
(swapping the regulator), but the other window, (just replacing the
clip) i did in about 40 min.