Guess What (follow-up)?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 20th 05, 12:54 PM
JP Roberts

Default Guess What (follow-up)?

(Follows on from "Guess What?".)

Dealer asked me to take the car in so that I could have the steering rods
replaced free of charge as no records showed this had been done under the
original campaign. Boy, was I not in for a bigger surprise when after
dropping the car there, I get a second call in the afternoon telling me that
while the car is on the lift, a tie-rod replacement record has shown up on
Elsa (they had pressumably not been able to set up a connection before), the
German database, and that I will have to pay for the whole thing. He very
kindly informs me that it's only the upper right-front end arms and both
tie-rod ends that need to be replaced. Since I had asked for an estimate
prior to any real arm replacements, he then quotes a total of some $800,
including labour.

I say "thanks for the info", but could you please lower my car and get it
ready for me to pick it up when I finish work?

So, in the end, I just took the car to an independent mechanic and had all
of this plus an oil-and-filter change and 2 new Bilsteins for the front end
for $1000..

I really felt I had been cheated by the dealer. I did not check any other
ones as I did not have either the time of patience to drive an extra 100
miles but this speaks volumes about how the make is treating their
customers.

JP Roberts

GUESS WHAT? JP Roberts Audi 46 April 12th 05 11:14 AM
I guess I'm an ass man ... dwight Ford Mustang 29 March 25th 05 11:45 PM
Guess It's going to be Nascar2004 for another year Rush Simulators 9 January 29th 05 06:47 PM
Follow up on body shop estimate story 223rem Driving 0 December 25th 04 09:26 PM
Follow up from "91 civic won't start" Chris Garcia Honda 3 October 9th 04 08:40 AM