A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto makers » BMW
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

X5 free maintenance



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 1st 06, 08:52 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default X5 free maintenance

I just bought 3.5y old 2002 X5 with 43500 miles on it. I checked that
is is covered by warranty till July 2006. How about free
maintenance/inspections 1 or 2/oil change? Does it have that too?

Dimag - Bellevue, WA

Ads
  #2  
Old April 1st 06, 03:36 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default X5 free maintenance

> wrote >I just bought 3.5y old 2002 X5 with 43500 miles
on it. I checked that
> is is covered by warranty till July 2006. How about free
> maintenance/inspections 1 or 2/oil change? Does it have that too?
>
> Dimag - Bellevue, WA


Yes.

FloydR, Issaquah


  #3  
Old April 1st 06, 08:25 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default X5 free maintenance

I believe in 2002, BMWs were covered
with a 4 year warranty, but only 3 years
free maintenance.
Joe

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I just bought 3.5y old 2002 X5 with 43500 miles on it. I checked that
> is is covered by warranty till July 2006. How about free
> maintenance/inspections 1 or 2/oil change? Does it have that too?
>
> Dimag - Bellevue, WA
>



  #4  
Old April 1st 06, 08:52 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default X5 free maintenance

This is a question. http://www.bmwusa.com/Vehicles/X5/30i/Warranty.htm
(Full maintenance link) tells about 4y/50000miles full maintenance. Is
that for the new models or all X5s? I am not able to find any info on
2002 models maintenance at the official site. I guess I'll just call
customer care at BMW and ask about that on Monday.

Dimag

  #5  
Old April 1st 06, 09:52 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default X5 free maintenance

I have a 2002 325ci (service date 12/15/01) and was able
to get inspection 1 completed just before the maintenance
expired (12/15/04). At that time, I still had a year left on the
manufacturers warranty (12/15/05). Sometime between the
2002 models and now, they changed to 4yr maintenance
coverage. Unless it's different for the X5s, I think your out
of luck.

Joe

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> This is a question. http://www.bmwusa.com/Vehicles/X5/30i/Warranty.htm
> (Full maintenance link) tells about 4y/50000miles full maintenance. Is
> that for the new models or all X5s? I am not able to find any info on
> 2002 models maintenance at the official site. I guess I'll just call
> customer care at BMW and ask about that on Monday.
>
> Dimag
>



  #6  
Old April 1st 06, 10:07 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default X5 free maintenance


"Joe C" > wrote in message
...
>I have a 2002 325ci (service date 12/15/01) and was able
> to get inspection 1 completed just before the maintenance
> expired (12/15/04). At that time, I still had a year left on the
> manufacturers warranty (12/15/05). Sometime between the
> 2002 models and now, they changed to 4yr maintenance
> coverage. Unless it's different for the X5s, I think your out
> of luck.
>
> Joe
>


Must have been 2003 as my Z4 (built in Jan. 2003) has the 4 year
maintenance.

Tom K.


  #7  
Old April 2nd 06, 07:10 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default X5 free maintenance

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 16:07:26 -0500, "Tom K."
> wrote:
>
>Must have been 2003 as my Z4 (built in Jan. 2003) has the 4 year
>maintenance.
>

Ditto - both my cars don't expire until late 2007 (Sept for the Z4,
November for the 325i). Thing is, I only cover about 5k miles a year
in each since I split driving between them - that spreads out the
service intervals quite a bit. I may never get to use the free
maintenance at this rate.
epbrown
--
"Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car;
most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus
2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
  #8  
Old April 2nd 06, 04:56 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default X5 free maintenance


"E Brown" > wrote in message
...
> On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 16:07:26 -0500, "Tom K."
> > wrote:
>>
>>Must have been 2003 as my Z4 (built in Jan. 2003) has the 4 year
>>maintenance.
>>

> Ditto - both my cars don't expire until late 2007 (Sept for the Z4,
> November for the 325i). Thing is, I only cover about 5k miles a year
> in each since I split driving between them - that spreads out the
> service intervals quite a bit. I may never get to use the free
> maintenance at this rate.
> epbrown
> --


I have a similar "problem" with a daily driver 328i, the Z4 and a BMW
motorcycle. Buried in the fine print in the manual should be a statement
about yearly oil changes & I believe the dealers will provide it as part of
the covered maintenance. Maybe you could negotiate a price discount on your
next new BMW on this basis!

Tom K.


  #9  
Old April 6th 06, 04:54 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default X5 free maintenance

Thanks everybody for the answers - I am out of luck here, in 2002 BMW
had 3 year 36000 miles free maintenance policy. Confirmed at BMW USA
customer relations.

Dimag

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maintenance free batteries Ryan Underwood Technology 4 September 13th 05 04:02 PM
Cars free for qualified drivers ... Mahesh 4x4 10 April 1st 04 08:01 AM
Cars free for qualified drivers ... Mahesh General 5 April 1st 04 08:01 AM
Fleet Maintenance Pro v9.0.19 Enterprise 100 users, STRACfastMaintenance 2.5c, Auto Maintenance Pro v9.0 Professional Incl Keygen,various other AUTO and BOAT Maintenance progs ... [email protected], [email protected] Antique cars 0 October 23rd 03 09:08 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 AutoBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.