anyone selling an AIR FLOW METER? '81-'83 Vanagon

Old December 1st 05, 06:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default anyone selling an AIR FLOW METER? '81-'83 Vanagon

I'm looking for an air flow meter for early '80's Vanagon.
part number: 0 280 200 032
anyone have one? or know where to get one cheap?
Thanks in advance.
Old December 1st 05, 02:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

fandalay wrote:
> I'm looking for an air flow meter for early '80's Vanagon.
> part number: 0 280 200 032
> anyone have one? or know where to get one cheap?
> Thanks in advance.

They do show up on eBay or
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie...33&wanted=only

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
Old December 2nd 05, 01:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Speedy Jim wrote:
> fandalay wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for an air flow meter for early '80's Vanagon.
>> part number: 0 280 200 032
>> anyone have one? or know where to get one cheap?
>> Thanks in advance.

> They do show up on eBay or
> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie...33&wanted=only
>

> Speedy Jim
> http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

So what - does the plate show obvious signs of grooving? As I said in my
other reply I have never seen that happen at the bottom end - only at
"cruising speed." It would certainly be nice to hear from you what you
discovered.

Don't get a used one - it's throwing money away and possibly a lot of
money. Get a Bosch remanufactured one. At this age, any used one you get
will be badly worn also. Be sure to have the mixture adjusted by someone
with the right experience / tools.

It cost me a set of heads to learn this lesson.
-BaH

Did you check with aircooled.net for a reman unit?