i cant figure out whats wrong with my car anybody know?

Old November 9th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
jettaboy

Default i cant figure out whats wrong with my car anybody know?

i have a 86 jetta gti wolfsburg edition 1.8l 5spd i just recently put a
new clutch in and afterwards i went for like a 5 min ride and lost all
the spark so i have put in a new ignition countrol module ,ignition
coil ,wires, plugs, cap, rotor, and a used distribiter and i still
have no spark . the only things left are the hail sender(pick-up coil)
and the computer . if you have a test light in the middle wire of the
hail sender and touch the other end to the ground you get spark but you
would have to keep doing this to get more then 1 spark outta it . i
have apsolutly no ideal of whats wrong either does my father a mechanic
of 20 years . if you know whats wrong or have had this problem before
plz let me know i love this car but i dont wanna keep putting all this
money in it when i cant even use it . thank you for your time jimi

Old November 9th 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

jettaboy wrote:
> i have a 86 jetta gti wolfsburg edition 1.8l 5spd i just recently put a
> new clutch in and afterwards i went for like a 5 min ride and lost all
> the spark so i have put in a new ignition countrol module ,ignition
> coil ,wires, plugs, cap, rotor, and a used distribiter and i still
> have no spark . the only things left are the hail sender(pick-up coil)
> and the computer . if you have a test light in the middle wire of the
> hail sender and touch the other end to the ground you get spark but you
> would have to keep doing this to get more then 1 spark outta it . i
> have apsolutly no ideal of whats wrong either does my father a mechanic
> of 20 years . if you know whats wrong or have had this problem before
> plz let me know i love this car but i dont wanna keep putting all this
> money in it when i cant even use it . thank you for your time jimi

Could you tell us what engine management this car has? VW used
basically the same 1.8l block for a very long time, but what rode on
top and in front of that base varied greatly. My guess is that you
have discovered the problem already in jimmying the hall (two L's, BTW)
sender. Why not replace this, too?

Matthew

Old November 10th 06, 09:11 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Hi mate just the simplest of ideas all jetta mk1 ahd golf mk1 have a
little earth strap somtimes attached to the gearbox at the back or
attached to the rock top. if this has brokern or not replaced the spark
can go also the mfa system starts showing funny things just replace a
earth and hope for the best
Hope this helps
Dan

WHATS WRONG MRMIJO1 Ford Explorer 1 August 16th 05 03:57 AM
The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
car battery testers wrong??! [email protected] Technology 5 June 14th 05 02:42 PM
Nobody knows what is wrong with my 99 Dodge Avenger v6 LadyGelzer04 Dodge 14 May 22nd 04 04:13 AM